Aldo vs McGregor is the most humiliating fight in all of MMA

GregorMcConor

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm still not over how silly this fight was. I rewatched it last night and everything about it is just so damn cringy, hilarious, shocking and embarrassing at the same time. I'm not a huge fan of either guy so I'm not out to start anything.

Even if you had McG winning, no one would had guessed inside 13 secs after that Conor vs Mendes fight. Shit, even Brandao did way better than Aldo and who saw that coming? People who say it was a lucky punch also need to watch the body language of the two. Aldo looked tense as all hell while McG was super loose and pretty much celebrating certain victory before the fight even started. I know Aldo always keeps his eyes down and keeps calm but he legitimately looked like it was his first time walking out to a fight. It was no surprise that he wanted it to be over so fast and payed for it. When the ref said "are you ready!?" Aldo looked like he was about to cry.

The difference in behaviour was staggering, and the fact that Aldo was the dominant champion that was unbeaten for nearly ten years made the emotional effect so much stronger watching it take place. The stone cold champ folded before the fight even started.

I was introduced to Aldo somewhere around 2008. We witnessed Jose Aldo be a dominant beast who destroyed everyone and later on a fighter who was always a safe bet due to his skill and ability to just control the fight to a dec (much like a striking version of GSP). He was such a complete fighter in many ways, and to see his reign end in that matter still makes me feel bad for him and get goosebumps at the same time. This was Rousey vs Nunes/Holm levels of embarrassing with a guy who unlike Ronda was not overhyped to the smallest degree. Aldo is as legit as they come and a P4P great.

I guess you forgot Rondas last 2 fights pretty quick then

'The manner in which I beat him, there will be no need for a rematch'

Conor bless.

Aldo was mentally beat and wanted to kill Conor. Which is what Conor wanted to set up his counter when Aldo over extends

His beating of Eddie was pretty humiliating for Eddie, I'm sure.

Aldo was mentally beat and wanted to kill Conor. Which is what Conor wanted to set up his counter when Aldo over extends
except it's the same combination Jose has thrown multiple times in his past fights

there was nothing out of character for Jose. always been a sloppy small brawling kickboxer

Fluke. An extended beating ala Andy vs Franklin, Conor vs Eddie, Ronda vs Nunes/Holm is embarrassing, like this thread.

There's no shame in losing.
Many of people don't have the guys to step inside a cage (alone) and take on another person.

except it's the same combination Jose has thrown multiple times in his past fights

there was nothing out of character for Jose. always been a sloppy small brawling kickboxer
Shut up Conor dick rider.

I've seen the entirety of Aldo's career unfold.

I had Conor winning but it was still

the MOST SHOCKING thing

I've ever seen in combat sports.

They'll make movies about it for

at least the next thousand years.

Last edited:

You clearly don't watch Aldo.
Aldo was gotten to and went after McGregor out of anger and it backfired.

Conor would ko this thread in 13 seconds.

There was nothing humiliating about that fight. It was a huge anticlimax but nothing humiliating. Not calling it a fluke either, both men threw at the same time, Conor landed first and right on the sweet spot.

Humiliating is more like Ronda vs Nunes. Ronda getting priveleges over other fighters, she doesn't need to do media "because the only thing that matters is winning the fight", getting demolished in 48 seconds and again not being gracious in defeat.

Another humiliating fight is this one imo:

muriloninjagif.gif

I really don't get why Aldo was so gotten to by Conor's 4th grade level trash talk.

"Hurr durr, midget! Durr durr"

'The manner in which I beat him, there will be no need for a rematch'

Conor bless.
The same could be said when JDS beat Velasquez, Couture beat Liddell, Serra beat GSP etc etc. Aldo won the interim belt and was due to fight McGregor, which McGregor was allowed to run away to the LW division.

Ronda wins mainly because of the retarded hype surrounding her.
Aldo's hype was pretty much neutral to non existent. No Ellen interviews. No best ever bullshit.

Within the MMA bubble, Aldo's performance was pitiful. Champ for years, but a clean, non controversial stoppage. All the Aldo hype was stuck in our bubble. No one knew who Aldo was then. They still don't know now.

Advantage Ronda. She'll never live it down, especially if she retires and leave her last fight as the last memory of her.

You clearly don't watch Aldo.
Aldo was gotten to and went after McGregor out of anger and it backfired.

He has a point actually, Aldo has always been amazing because he never really fought a guy like Connor. He fought wrestle-boxers his entire career. Guys who couldn't get him down because of his amazing takedown defense, and that left them with their boxing/kickboxing...Which was usually a level or two behind Aldo's.

If Aldo wanted to win that fight, he should have been methodical about it, and as soon as he could...GET THAT SUCKER TO THE GROUND.

The rematch would likely be equally embarrassing. For Conor.

Back