Anyone know if Hunt is still making the $700k he made in last fight?

MMAth Problem

Skipper
@purple
Reaction score
Or is his purse for this fight a step down? I know sometimes UFC builds in tiers of payment in their contracts in case of loses and such, just curious if Mark Hunt has stated if he is still making the $700k he made last time, or was that a one off to take a fight against Brock?

He spent his pay on lawyers. Now he'll be tied up in court forever while his grandchildren starve.

I hope that answers your question. Love Hunt, but can't see how suing the UFC on your own dime is a wise move, esp when you're still under contract. Wish him well....

He has a contract for 5 fights still....I assume it will be the same pay

I assumed they gave a huge pay increase in the bout agreement for the fight because it was on UFC 200....otherwise LOL @ paying a 12-10 fighter more than you're paying your current HW champ.

Certainly no one here knows. But here's the timeline (which is bound to only add confusion):
so it's conceivable there was a one time bonus to fight against Brock on 200. also conceivable his new contract pays him $700k per fight.

I know this is off topic but how the hell do you make a thread? So bloody unobvious

Certainly no one here knows. But here's the timeline (which is bound to only add confusion):
so it's conceivable there was a one time bonus to fight against Brock on 200. also conceivable his new contract pays him $700k per fight.
Since 2013 he got $160.000 to show. So fuck him and his whining. And now he goes around saying the UFC forced him to fight Overeem in March.

UFC on Fuel TV: Silva vs Stann – Mar 4/13 – W (Struve) – $210,000 ($160,000 to show, $50,000 Knockout of the Night bonus)*

UFC 160 – May 25/13 – L (dos Santos) – $210,000 ($160,000 to show, $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus)

UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs Bigfoot – Dec 7/13 – D (Ant. Silva) – $260,000 ($160,000 to show, $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus, $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus from Bigfoot)*

UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs Nelson – Sept 20/14 – W (Nelson) – $210,000 ($160,000 to show, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus)*

UFC 180 – Nov 15/14 – L (Werdum) – $160,000*

UFC Fight Night: Miocic vs Hunt – May 10/15 – L (Miocic) – $160,000*

UFC 193 – Nov 15/15 – W (Ant. Silva) – $170,000 ($160,000 to show, $10,000 Reeboksponsorship)*

UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs Mir – Mar 20/16 – W (Mir) – $220,000 ($160,000 to show, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $10,000 Reebok sponsorship)*

UFC 200 – Jul 9/16 – L (Lesnar) – $710,000 ($700,000 to show, $10,000 Reeboksponsorship)

Strangely, all I could find for fight night 85 was bonuses, and outfitting pay.

But I'd bet the farm he didn't get 700K.

Hendo got a $600k base pay for his UFC199 fight Vs Lombard, I figured UFC just decided to start paying the top guys a bit more and it was gonna be the new standard.

It was only last year that they started paying out over $1million in disclosed purses.

Hendo got a $600k base pay for his UFC199 fight Vs Lombard, I figured UFC just decided to start paying the top guys a bit more and it was gonna be the new standard.

It was only last year that they started paying out over $1million in disclosed purses.

in 2007 Cro Cop turned down any PPV %'s for a base pay of $500k. he wanted a simple contract, and he got it.

it needs to be reiterated (because a large % of sherdoggers seem to forget daily) that we really don't know dick about how much fighters actually get paid. except CroCop. all we have are disclosed payments (which therefore is all we provided TS when he asked his question.)

in 2007 Cro Cop turned down any PPV %'s for a base pay of $500k. he wanted a simple contract, and he got it.

it needs to be reiterated (because a large % of sherdoggers seem to forget daily) that we really don't know dick about how much fighters actually get paid. except CroCop.

That was probably a good move since he barely headlined any events.

it needs to be reiterated (because a large % of sherdoggers seem to forget daily) that we really don't know dick about how much fighters actually get paid. except CroCop. all we have are disclosed payments (which therefore is all we provided TS when he asked his question.)

I think its important to know what the promotion is legally obligated to pay them....

Most businesses aren't in the business of giving away money when they dont have to....

If they want to give "backroom bonuses", they should disclose them and use that to incentivize good performances.

I just dont buy that theyre giving fighters more than they tell the commissions without it being in the fighters contracts....if they were, there would probably be alot less fighters with anger about their contracts.

I think its important to know what the promotion is legally obligated to pay them....

I just dont buy that theyre giving fighters more than they tell the commissions without it being in the fighters contracts....if they were, there would probably be alot less fighters with anger about their contracts.

shrug. there have been lots of examples over the years of fighters talking about making more than legally contracted. both lower paid fighters (famous example i'm sure you've read before here), and higher paid fighters (here).

now, in Rampage's case, my opinion aligns with yours; he probably didn't get paid backroom bonuses, he just got paid PPV %'s which are not disclosed. but we have no reason to call Sean McCorkle a liar. and there have been other examples of lower paid fighters saying the same thing.

If they want to give "backroom bonuses", they should disclose them and use that to incentivize good performances.

your opinion is noted. but the fact is, they don't have to disclose anything more than the show and win monies.

maybe they'd be smart to change that, for the reason you suggest (incentive to other fighters). OTOH, maybe more fighters would just demand more when they learn what others actually make. i, personally, believe that (like Wall Street) UFC makes more money when everyone else has less information about what's actually going on.

The $700K was to take on Lesnar at the last minute only

Back