Has anyone in UFC tapped to an omaplata yet?

illegalnature

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Remember a thread a year or so ago stating as common as we think the omaplata is its never been used to submit anyone in the UFC. Gogoplatas are less rare.

Been some time now, has anyone lost by omaplata yet?

Sherdog's own @Ben Saunders subbed someone with it

the absolute madman

uI4FXk6.gif

you got something brown on your nose, guys

Eh year and a half ago already. Im embarrassed i missed that because i watched that fight card.

So wait, is Ben the first and only person in UFC history to pull it off then??

How are gogoplatas less rare? None finished thus far in the UFC and I'd venture to guess omoplatas are finished more often in smaller promotions.
Plus omoplatas are used to sweep or get up every now and then.

Eh year and a half ago already. Im embarrassed i missed that because i watched that fight card.

I believe so

How are gogoplatas less rare? None finished thus far in the UFC and I'd venture to guess omoplatas are finished more often in smaller promotions.
Well i didnt know Ben finished someone with an omaplata in 2014. Until then nobody really subbed people in pride with them that im aware of. But Nick Gogo'd Gomi and Shinya Aoki has gogo'd like 2-4people himself in like dream.

Just all in all theres basically 1 popular omaplata sub of all time we can find footage of and its Ben in 2014. Theres plenty of GoGoplatas being slapped on overseas and by UFC fighters(Nick)in the past.

Well i didnt know Ben finished someone with an omaplata in 2014. Until then nobody really subbed people in pride with them that im aware of. But Nick Gogo'd Gomi and Shinya Aoki has gogo'd like 2-4people himself in like dream.

Just all in all theres basically 1 popular omaplata sub of all time we can find footage of and its Ben in 2014. Theres plenty of GoGoplatas being slapped on overseas and by UFC fighters(Nick)in the past.

I could be wrong, I just thought because omoplatas are more common in BJJ the same would probably apply to MMA.

I could be wrong, I just thought because omoplatas are more common in BJJ the same would probably apply to MMA.
Same, i feel like we should be seeing an omaplata like once every 2 fights cards or atleast as often as a russian armbar.

But nope somehow nobody can ever land one even though they sweep and get people in that position like every other fight.

HW fighter Brad Imes has two consecutive first round Gogoplata submission wins.

It's not a common submission, more of a set up than anything. Also if you know how, it's not that difficult to defend.

Yes they said it Saturday during his entrance that he has the only win via omoplata in UFC history

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back