Biggest fall from grace: Renan Barao.

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You may say Aldo fell pretty hard, but at least people still mention him getting KOed by Conor.

Renan Barao does not get mentioned at all. From number 1 p4p fighter in the world to not even top 3 in the bantamweight division.

It's like he never existed. LOL.

You may say Aldo fell pretty hard, but at least people still mention him getting KOed by Conor.

Renan Barao does not get mentioned at all. From number 1 p4p fighter in the world to not even top 3 in the bantamweight division.

It's like he never existed. LOL.

Aldo never fell from grace, just cause he lost to Conor. He beat up one of the best in MMA history in an outstanding performance and is now the champ again.

Barao did have a huge fall from grace. But the reason he isn't mentioned as a top 3 BW...is cause he's not a BW anymore buddy. He won his last fight over an experienced guy in a solid shut out. Barao is still my favorite BW Champ though. Probably the most dominant champ we've had in BW (based off of finishes alone). He also has one of the best KO's in UFC history with his finish over Wineland.

But he doesn't look the same, he looks tentative and shy...and I noticed this in his first fight back from the first TJ fight, against Gagnon. Unfortunately, we'll probably never see the old Barao again.

When Barao and Aldo were champ, that was just a dynamic due..considering they were teammates. I remember Barao mainevented a PPV with Aldo as the co-main...and they both dominated their opponents.

Barao crashed hard, Pettis too but Ronda is on another level of career freefall.

He looked fantastic in the first round against Stephens but then he gassed and looked terrible for the rest. I didn't see his most recent fight.

Aldo hasn't fallen off at all, he looked great against Frankie.

Aldo had a great performance against Edgar. Only comparable to Barao's fall off amongst casual fans who've only seen one Aldo fight in their lives. Grey Maynard is the GOAT fall off.

^What @Jermei said. C'mon people, this has been factually established. Pointless to debate.

2E896B1700000578-0-image-a-11_1447782771385.jpg

We all fall down.

"The one who doesn't fall never stands up." - Fedor Emelianenko

I forgot he existed....damn.

Gray Maynard.

Pettis is talking about champions. But Barao is up there, I don't think he ever recovered mentally from the first Dillashaw beatdown. Maybe he can get past it like Arlovski was able to do and go on a run but odds aren't in favor of that happening.

He was never actually ranked as #1 P4P. It was just Dana saying that every time he had fight coming up.

I think he ruined his career by moving to 145. He should have gotten proper nutrition and not bloated out of camp. Stphens was way bigger than Barao and that showed when Barao ran out of gas after round 1. He still has the tools to test fighter on the come up, but there is virtually no chance he moves out of the gatekeeper role

Rousey was a "Once ever" champion...1 year later decimated and barely top 10.

I always thought he was never even close to as good as Aldo. There were people honestly saying he'd be a good match for Aldo, and could actually beat him. Anyone with a working set of eyes could see the difference in their athletecism and explosion.

Dillashaw had his number. He lost to Stephens but like someone said looked good first round. Was a competitive fight. Then he beat nover, not even close to the free fall of pettis.

Back