Which of these prospects do you think will one day win a title?

Kaveman13

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Featherweight is absolutely stacked with prospects. I obviously no longer consider holloway a prospect due to how many fights he has in the ufc.

We have a pretty stacked list so once again, which of these fighters do you think is capable of holding a title one day?

Mirsad Bektic
Yair Rodriguez
Doo Ho Choi
Brian Ortega

Also a fun hypothetical but also likely to happen is signing Lance Palmer, do you think he could potentially hold it one day?

I like Bektic most on the list, followed by Yair

I think Yair and DHC will probably be champions. DHC needs to develop more but Yair looks like he's right there.

Yair looks the most hungriest and is dangerous for anyone he fights.

I'd say Yair as he seems to only get better. I like Choi, but the Swanson fight should have been a walk in the park. Ortega can be a bit hot or cold. I don't really know to much about Bektic. All damn good fighters nonetheless.

Probably Rodriguez or Bektic.

DHC needs to learn some K-POP moves and move that god damn head
499ac4a921b5820cee94b2e174f790c705341ee2_hq.gif

champ 4sure

DHC needs to learn some K-POP moves and move that god damn head
499ac4a921b5820cee94b2e174f790c705341ee2_hq.gif

champ 4sure
if he could dance like them, he would've focused his career to Kpop instead of fighting. Fighting is seen as a barbaric sport for morally bankrupt people in Korea while K-idols are worshipped as gods. In terms of social hiearchy in South Korea, the rankings go like this:

Executive at a "Chaebol"
K-pop idol
K-drama idol
Soccer player for the national team
baseball player
Olympic medalist
pro Starcraft player
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
hair stylist
taxi driver
pro fighter
criminal felon

@Banchan can confirm.

I love Ortega's style but I feel that he's over-achieved a bit. Yair for me is a future champ and DHC's striking is a little simple.

Man people be sleeping on Bektic guys a monster but injuries have kept him out for a bit

Gotta go with Rodriguez. The guy looked amazing against motivated Penn.

Featherweight is absolutely stacked with prospects. I obviously no longer consider holloway a prospect due to how many fights he has in the ufc.

We have a pretty stacked list so once again, which of these fighters do you think is capable of holding a title one day?

Mirsad Bektic
Yair Rodriguez
Doo Ho Choi

Brian Ortega

Also a fun hypothetical but also likely to happen is signing Lance Palmer, do you think he could potentially hold it one day?

Green you good to GO! Yellow means Woah, Orange means Who..?

Bektic not really a who just haven't seen enough of him. The only reason Ortega got a Woah because somebody had to get the woah and I like the other two guys better, sue me I'm biased....

I think Yair and DHC will probably be champions. DHC needs to develop more but Yair looks like he's right there.

Did you see his fight with Bruce Leroy?

Green you good to GO! Yellow means Woah, Orange means Who..?

Bektic not really a who just haven't seen enough of him. The only reason Ortega got a Woah because somebody had to get the woah and I like the other two guys better, sue me I'm biased....

I like choi alot but i need to see hes going to perfect his fighting style and tighten up his strikes and add some striking defense. He has monster power and a granite chin. I think if he develops his game at a solid rate he should be a contender in a year and a half to two years.

Ortega is a mystery, he continues to win in wild ways that are flashy, but seems to go through large periods in bouts where hes not the dominant fighter but shows promise and has plenty of time to develop.

Yair is ready for the top ten, I think hes continuing to home his flashy style to make it more concentrated and less crazy. His striking looked razor sharp against bj, and he has a solid ground game, top tier physical tools, for being so talented at such a young age, he has a great shot at winning a title in a year or two. I want to see him against someone like lamas whose a wrestler/boxer, or swanson thats a pressure fighter thats above average in all phases of the fight. Plus swanson/yair would be a barn burner and would test him against a fighter with solid boxing who is a threat in other areas.

Bektic has all the tools to be a champion, but his injuries/inactivity make it hard to get a read on him, but hes been absolutely dominant against any fighter out in front of him, hes a physical super freak, insanely powerful and explosive, has a very good blast double both as a counter and a straight forward takedown, brutal ground and pound and a solid understanding of basic/power chokes. He also has a developing standup game where he throws fast and hard, he can rock you good with a powershot but has to develop his defense and chaining his combos further than he already has.

I like bektic most to get a title because his style, physical tools, ceiling and current game.

I would actually love Yair/Bektic and Ortega/Choi.
Ortega would give Choi a great grappling test while choi would test ortegas mettle.
And it would be great to see if Yair can still implement his striking game against the straight boxing and explosive wrestling game of bektic.

None of them. By the time they get their title shot Conor will have all titles and they will have to live with just being an interim champ.

Ortega vs Yair is what I want to see next.

Bektic is scary.

Lando Vannata, Mickey Gall, Misha Cirkunov, and Do Hoo Choi are exciting prospects right now for the UFC.

Don't forget about Nikita Krylov.

Mirsad Bektic
Yair Rodriguez
Doo Ho Choi
Brian Ortega

I believe all this fighters you metioned will destroy Conor McGregor.

Back