So Hunt went down in the rankings because of the Lesnar fight

Fraser B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know we've all had our opinions about how shitty rankings are on Sherdog, it's all subjective, etc... but holy fucking shit this takes the cake.

Hunt was ranked #8 when he fought Lesnar and is no longer in the top 10. He's behind the undefeated dude now who hasn't fought anyone really, the black beast, and AA who has lost 3 in a row. Hunt finished his last 2 fights against Bigfoot and Mir who were top 10 or so in the first round. Hunt has only lost to Werdum and Stipe who are the 2 best! And Hunt destroyed everyone else except for a prime JDS years ago.

So whoever does the rankings has stooped so low(or maybe they're just that retarded) that the Lesnar fight actually meant something in their eyes? It's ruled a No Contest for a fucking reason, and no not a bs reason like weed or something like that. We're talking about steroids most likely for months and possibly years.

Lesnar looked like shit in his last 3 fights(he didn't belong in there) and comes back 6 years later at 40 years old and looks better than ever against a top fighter all because he's been juicing and it's going to be used against Hunt??? It's proven and people still look at that fight as if it meant something???

WTF! Lesnar using a baseball bat and beating Hunt and Hunt suffering in the rankings is no different. This is actually the dumbest thing I've ever seen in the rankings, even over dropping Fedor completely off the P4P list when he lost to Werdum.

Am I missing something here? Hell IMO Hunt should be like #6 ahead of Rothwell. There's no question that people including experts still feel like Lesnar beat Hunt and it's fucking sickening.

His own inactivity + others winning since is what has caused his ranking to dip.

He got his ass kicked. He should drop.

That baseball bat comparison is really stupid too.

His own inactivity + others winning since is what has caused his ranking to dip.
That's really not how it works. Most fighters keep their spot or go down a notch or 2, but AA has lost 3 in a row. The other 2 haven't really fought anyone and Hunt has already ko'd 2 top fighter before he fought Lesnar. If you think that the Lesnar fight didn't mean anything then you're lost. Hunt has been killing people. He just didn't beat the 2 best Werdum and Stipe.

It's hard to believe he is even still in the rankings to be honest.

He got his ass kicked. He should drop.

That baseball bat comparison is really stupid too.
How is it stupid? There are rules and Brock looked better than he's ever looked, several years later after he looked like shit in his past 3 fights. Brock wasn't even properly tested and he still failed twice. So wtf

It's hard to believe he is even still in the rankings to be honest.
It takes a year for a fighter to actually drop a few spots or completely out of the rankings. Hunt has won fights in the past year against top guys. It's the Lesnar fight that made him drop which is insane.

zvsRQ1f.gif

How is it stupid? There are rules and Brock looked better than he's ever looked, several years later after he looked like shit in his past 3 fights. Brock wasn't even properly tested and he still failed twice. So wtf

Yeah, and basically fought Mir with a baseball bat too right? Same thing right?

And even if it was a bat Hunt said he would beat him regardless. He didn't. He got fuckin pummeled and mentally destroyed.

You tell a guy to bring a bat to a fight and say you will still beat them.... then cry when he does bring a bat and beats you over the head with it. Hunt talked tough. Realized he wasn't so tough. A lesson to be learned.

brock-lesnar-mark-hunt-ufc-200-2.jpg

Last edited:
It takes a year for a fighter to actually drop a few spots or completely out of the rankings. Hunt has won fights in the past year against top guys. It's the Lesnar fight that made him drop which is insane.
I just meant like "holy shit Mark Hunt is still ranked?" I didn't mean it regarding the result of that fight so much as how impressive it is that he's still hanging in there. He's had some of the worst luck in MMA history. His resume is stacked, win or lose, he's fought a lot of killers.

Brock didn't look good, hunt looked fat, slow, old, and one dimensional.

...because hunt is fat, slow, old, and one dimensional.

I just meant like "holy shit Mark Hunt is still ranked?" I didn't mean it regarding the result of that fight so much as how impressive it is that he's still hanging in there. He's had some of the worst luck in MMA history. His resume is stacked, win or lose, he's fought a lot of killers.
Okay, if Hunt ko'd Lesnar in the first round, then tested positive himself, are you telling me he would have still dropped out of the top 10? Do you know how crazy that sounds? Same question goes for @JonesBones

That's really not how it works. Most fighters keep their spot or go down a notch or 2, but AA has lost 3 in a row. The other 2 haven't really fought anyone and Hunt has already ko'd 2 top fighter before he fought Lesnar. If you think that the Lesnar fight didn't mean anything then you're lost. Hunt has been killing people. He just didn't beat the 2 best Werdum and Stipe.

I never said it didn't mean anything, just explaining why others might have moved ahead of Hunt.

Still, not sure where you're getting your rankings from, because the UFC has Hunt ranked at #6 in the Heavyweight division right now. The only person ranked above him that he has beaten is Rothwell, and that was nearly 5 1/2 years ago. The only other person currently in the top 15 he has beaten is Struve, and that was nearly 4 years ago too.

I'm a Hunt fan, but why realistically should he be ranked higher than he is currently?

Brock didn't look good, hunt looked fat, slow, old, and one dimensional.

...because hunt is fat, slow, old, and one dimensional.
I never said Brock looked good, I said he looked better than he's ever looked. Brock had 1 good performance and that was against Mir when he controlled him on the ground and beat him cold.

I never said it didn't mean anything, just explaining why others might have moved ahead of Hunt.

Still, not sure where you're getting your rankings from, because the UFC has Hunt ranked at #6 in the Heavyweight division right now. The only person ranked above him that he has beaten is Rothwell, and that was nearly 5 1/2 years ago. The only other person currently in the top 15 he has beaten is Struve, and that was nearly 4 years ago too.

I'm a Hunt fan, but why realistically should he be ranked higher than he is currently?
UFC rankings? lol didn't they have Ronda P4P top 5? Don't pay attn to UFC rankings. And as far as I'm concerned Sherdog has gone too far now with the Hunt thing.

Back