Prime Anderson Silva is the goat

Jestahr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jon Jones is a close second. With Fedor and GSP fighting for 3rd place.

No one has looked like they were hacking the matrix the way prime Silva did and no one ever will again. If you missed his UFC run as it happened you can't appreciate the aura he had around him at the time.

Some all time greats have dominated a división before. But no one did it in such incredible style as the spider.
<{silvanormal}>
GOAT

Who knew that in order to enter the matrix, you had to eat the red penis pill?

No one in his weight class could beat him in his prime. FACT. Weidman has been raped in his last two fights and he's only 32.

He was a beast but fought during a weak period during mW history. Also had a glaring hole in his wrestling. Prime Andy would not have looked so great in today's mW division.

No one in his weight class could beat him in his prime. FACT. Weidman has been raped in his last two fights and he's only 32.

Rockhold and Romero are better fighters than all the guys Silva fought during his reign.

Once you get caught cheating you are out of GOAT discussions in my opinion. Especially when you provide bullshit excuses on why you got caught

Once you get caught cheating you are out of GOAT discussions in my opinion. Especially when you provide bullshit excuses on why you got caught
When you fight DC on a days notice and don't get finished you are cleansed of all sins.

Rockhold and Romero are better fighters than all the guys Silva fought during his reign.
Good one. Rockhold is overrated, Romero maybe. But beating prime Hendo and Franklin is more impressive.

Fedor gets shit on for crushing "Japanese cans"

Anderson was getting finished by "Japanese cans" in his prime

You do the math

I think Jon Jones is the best talent this sport has ever seen, but my Goat list would go.

GSP
Jones
Silva
Aldo
Fedor

I'm still going with Fedor

Then GSP

Then Silva

I can't convince you that I'm right. You can't convince me.

I bet we can agree they were all great though

Good one. Rockhold is overrated, Romero maybe. But beating prime Hendo and Franklin is more impressive.

???? Lol Franklin more impressive? Pretty confident Rockhold and Romero would beat the hell out of Rich. That guy was overrated. MW was absolutely terrible when he reigned.

Also, Hendo lost to numerous fighters that were nothing special.

I'm still going with Fedor

Then GSP

Then Silva

I can't convince you that I'm right. You can't convince me.

I bet we can agree they were all great though

Fedor just felt too sloppy and often lucky to me. If he did a small run in UFC it would of helped. Tough dude but aside from durability and power he never made my jaw hit the floor in amazement at what I was seeing.

GSP started strong, if he kept that style throughout his career he could possibly edge Silva, but going from rush to lay n pray ruined it.

Jones was Silva Esque right up until the Gus fight and even then and after that fight has proved to be an insanely skilled fighter. He did it all vs tougher competition too. If he finishes DC and AJ he will probably overtake Anderson. If he takes on a few HW and wins he will be the goat hands down.

Silva did things that no other human has ever done in the cage, he didn't just win or finish guys. He looked like a super Saiyan fighting a helpless child in there, vs top guys at the time. There's a difference between winning fights and completely destroying guys while closing your eyes.

Back