Stipe forced to chase the money

Titleboxe

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
KbbFqcq.png

Stipe Miocic said that he spoke to the UFC in the aftermath of UFC 203 and expressed his anger over being out-earned by Alistair Overeem:

“Blah, blah, blah, blah. They just made up some excuse, like that’s the contract you signed,” Miocic said. “You’re making money off me in my hometown, and you’re giving the man that’s a challenger who’s never won the title in the UFC, you’re giving him more money? It definitely should change. But the fact that my challenger made more money than me in my last fight was just kind of a slap in the face.”

When asked whether the UFC was being receptive to his requests to renegotiate, Miocic explained cryptically: “it’s just a mess right now, so we’ll leave it at that.”

“The fact that my challenger made more money than me in my last fight was just kind of a slap in the face. We’re not looking for a couple million or anything like that, but definitely getting compensated for winning the belt, defending the belt in my hometown.”

Overeem was a big name before ANYONE knew his name. WTF does he not understand?

In my GOAT opinion, Stipe should be compensated appropriately but he must know that his drawing power is not very high. He's a great fighter but has yet to build his name to the same level of some of his opponents or contemporaries. A few good highlight KOs would do the trick. He needs to focus on fighting.

#GUERNICAbless

Yup the UFC is racist! Paying a black man more than a white man in good old murika is a crime!

He got paid just fine. If he wants to pick up some extra cash he can go save a kitten in a tree.

KbbFqcq.png

Stipe Miocic said that he spoke to the UFC in the aftermath of UFC 203 and expressed his anger over being out-earned by Alistair Overeem:

“Blah, blah, blah, blah. They just made up some excuse, like that’s the contract you signed,” Miocic said. “You’re making money off me in my hometown, and you’re giving the man that’s a challenger who’s never won the title in the UFC, you’re giving him more money? It definitely should change. But the fact that my challenger made more money than me in my last fight was just kind of a slap in the face.”

When asked whether the UFC was being receptive to his requests to renegotiate, Miocic explained cryptically: “it’s just a mess right now, so we’ll leave it at that.”

“The fact that my challenger made more money than me in my last fight was just kind of a slap in the face. We’re not looking for a couple million or anything like that, but definitely getting compensated for winning the belt, defending the belt in my hometown.”

I can understand his frustrations, but you or your manager need to negotiate a better contract in the event you are not happy with what you are paid.

Now that he is champion, he should realize he has some leverage, and he should use it.

"slap in the face" -> I'm stupid and I don't know how this game works

he should take a look at mcgregor. imagine if he had, on top of his nice KO streak of last year, he started talking mad shit about how he's this KO machine, how he would redefine the game, make millions and this kind of crap. essesntially a HW mcgregor. he would probably be making more than reem and would be getting close to a million per fight

but, these fighters can't think intelligently

In my GOAT opinion, Stipe should be compensated appropriately but he must know that his drawing power is not very high. He's a great fighter but has yet to build his name to the same level of some of his opponents or contemporaries. A few good highlight KOs would do the trick. He needs to focus on fighting.

#GUERNICAbless

guernica-zuffa.png

Conor bless.

It seems like stipe is more mad that alistar is getting more money than him than actually being angry at the UFC who are exploiting the fighters.

Isnt he a full time fire fighter also, not sure why he is complaining.

Back