The Downfall Of BJ Penn, Fedor Emelianenko & More Is Why Georges St Pierre Should Never Return

ChosenMMA

Part Of DC Nation & The Cruz & Velasquez Wagon
@purple
Reaction score
So many legends of the sport fight way past their best days, it's sad when guys as good as BJ & Fedor were a decade ago are being written off against guys they would have manhandled once upon a time, their legacies are written but people always talk about their last run aswell.

I won't include Silva unless he loses to someone like Brunson, having a close fight with Bisping and losing to Cormier isn't as extreme.

Cases like that are why somebody like St Pierre should stay sitting sweet on his couch, it would be nice to see him back but what does it do for St Pierre to fight again? if he came back and fought Woodley, Thompson or any 170 pounder who are improving and they wipe him out, it would be crushing for him, especially when he's been out for three years straight and is older.

GSP has the best ending in many ways to a career out of the all time greats.

NO! gsp should never return because he's boring, he tapped to strikes, he can't finish, canada, he's a mental midget, and he has to convince himself he wants to be a fighter by holding mock training camps!! Fuck outta here. GOAT GUERNICA has spoken!

#GUERNICAbless

GSP has consistently been training and staying shape. He has incredible work ethic and high fight IQ

Gsp could easily come back and still dominate

You CANT compare that to BJ and Fedor....BJ and Fedor have old school personalities "just show up and bang" That what has cost them more then anything

GSP is like Conor and approaches fights like a scientist. Gsp would actually take all the proper measures

BJ was consistently lazy and Fedor often showed POOR FIGHT IQ

Youre literally comparing apples to cars

GSP was beating the pre-usada competition. If he ever comes back, he'll steamroll the whole WW division.

Yeah, he shouldn't come back. He looked terrible in that tweet he posted where he was hitting that wavemaster.

"Fedor often showed poor fight IQ". Define "often". A handful of times, in close to 40 fights, when he was on the decline?

The man who demonstrated some of the best ring generalship, in his prime, that the sport has seen?

Just want to be sure I understand you.

GSP isn't coming back, he likes to keep his name out there and throw little tid bits out there once in a while, but I believe he's smarter than that, nothing for him to gain. IF he comes back tho, it'll be with Bellator. He doesn't want to fight in the UFC and they won't let him use Under Armour, so if he can weasel his way out of the contract expect him to sign with Coker like his buddy Rory MacDonald did.

Has anyone heard what he's asking for? because it seems like they don't want to pay him.

Although I agree with Fedor, I still wouldn't have him included until he loses against Mitrione, which is a high chance. Fedor still hasn't lost since losing to Hendo, and has had 5 wins although were against mediocre (to complete can) opponents, including one that should definitely have been a draw.

But until he's outright starched, then there's holding out hope - much like Silva. Who knows, anything can happen in a fight.

That being said, I'd prefer them all to retire and remember them when they were at their best.

Yeah, he shouldn't come back. He looked terrible in that tweet he posted where he was hitting that wavemaster.
Yeah. He may have been just going at like 25% though. If he wasn't just slowly fucking around and was trying hard there he did not look good at all. Stiff and slow. We really don't know how hard he was trying. He did always have rather robotic standup other than his awesome jab.

Although I agree with Fedor, I still wouldn't have him included until he loses against Mitrione, which is a high chance. Fedor still hasn't lost since losing to Hendo, and has had 5 wins although were against mediocre (to complete can) opponents, including one that should definitely have been a draw.

But until he's outright starched, then there's holding out hope - much like Silva. Who knows, anything can happen in a fight.

That being said, I'd prefer them all to retire and remember them when they were at their best.

Fedor didn't beat Maldanado, let's be real, but yeah he has the official win

So many legends of the sport fight way past their best days, it's sad when guys as good as BJ & Fedor were a decade ago are being written off against guys they would have manhandled once upon a time, their legacies are written but people always talk about their last run aswell.

I won't include Silva unless he loses to someone like Brunson, having a close fight with Bisping and losing to Cormier isn't as extreme.

Cases like that are why somebody like St Pierre should stay sitting sweet on his couch, it would be nice to see him back but what does it do for St Pierre to fight again? if he came back and fought Woodley, Thompson or any 170 pounder who are improving and they wipe him out, it would be crushing for him, especially when he's been out for three years straight and is older.

GSP has the best ending in many ways to a career out of the all time greats.
Yep. Hope he stays smart and stays retired.

I think GSP could still have some dominant performances. His fighting style revolved mostly around his dominant wrestling and top game. I bet he still has a decent jab to set it all up. But after all the surgeries, and with him now being even older.. He would still win, but getting an actual finish over an opponent seems even more unlikely. Would be fun to see him one last time though. Seems like he lost the drive though. He should probably stay away. Maybe he could fight once in Rizin or something against a freak opponent for a nice payday. Could be fun

Mitrione going to retire fedor with a easy ko win in round 1

NO! gsp should never return because he's boring, he tapped to strikes, he can't finish, canada, he's a mental midget, and he has to convince himself he wants to be a fighter by holding mock training camps!! Fuck outta here. GOAT GUERNICA has spoken!

#GUERNICAbless
This is fighter bashing and I call for dubs and possible ban on generica

Also, the ts needs to never suggest a fighter to retire. Only cowardly mommas boys do that. I wouldn't tell cro cop to put his mittens on. I wouldn't tell Fedor that 1 ice cream cone is sufficient, I wouldn't tell any fighter to retire.

Except randy couture. He was so boring

This is why gsp needs to return

Just to prove that he is better than any of the greats and he can do more and accomplish anything because he is the true goat.

Gsp come back fast and let's get some more 50-44s and 50-43s

Back