Winless In 7 Years, More Hit Than Any Fighter In History — Analyzing The Downfall Of BJ Penn

J

JollyRants

Screen-Shot-2017-01-16-at-7.12.03-PM.png

Now in the late days of his career, as we take his almost losing record off to pasture, we take a look at some of his final statistics, including the shocking 1,034 significant strikes he’s absorbed, making him the most hit man in MMA history.

This is what Penn leaves behind: (Via Mike Bohn Statistician)
  • Penn was unsuccessful in what was his first bout since July 2014.
  • Penn suffered his fourth consecutive loss to extend the longest skid of his career. He hasn’t earned a victory since November 2010
  • Penn fell to 1-6-1 in his past eight UFC appearances dating back to April 2010.
  • Penn fell to 0-2 since he dropped to the UFC featherweight division in July 2014.
  • Penn suffered the first knockdown of his UFC career after absorbing a record 1,034 total strikes.
  • Penn’s four significant strikes landed marked the least of any contest in his 24-fight UFC career.

Little do you know Woodley is going to be offering him a title shot soon, since the guy who hadn't won in 5 years turned him down.

Screen-Shot-2017-01-16-at-7.12.03-PM.png

Now in the late days of his career, as we take his almost losing record off to pasture, we take a look at some of his final statistics, including the shocking 1,034 significant strikes he’s absorbed, making him the most hit man in MMA history.

This is what Penn leaves behind: (Via Mike Bohn Statistician)
  • Penn was unsuccessful in what was his first bout since July 2014.
  • Penn suffered his fourth consecutive loss to extend the longest skid of his career. He hasn’t earned a victory since November 2010
  • Penn fell to 1-6-1 in his past eight UFC appearances dating back to April 2010.
  • Penn fell to 0-2 since he dropped to the UFC featherweight division in July 2014.
  • Penn suffered the first knockdown of his UFC career after absorbing a record 1,034 total strikes.
  • Penn’s four significant strikes landed marked the least of any contest in his 24-fight UFC career.
I refuse to read this!!! He's still the prodigy to me damnit!! :(

Nick diaz is catching up to those amount of years

The question to ask is how would current washed-up Penn do in the Classic UFC tournaments.

Just kidding. I don't want to see BJ murdered.

His Career is starting to resemble Ken Shamrocks in 2008

Marinovich Penn would have killed Yiars head in!!

Prime BJ's style relied on his youthful speed and explosiveness. It was inevitable that age would be his downfall. It must suck when your mind is still in it but your body can't do it anymore

This stat is actually pretty impressive...but you know, for all the wrong reasons.

Hopefully he hangs them up for good now, because out of all the previous champs, I don't think anyone has lost so convincingly like he has in his last four fights. He got utterly and completely decimated in all four fights. I think he's pipped Liddell for the most dramatic fall from grace. I think he keeps coming back because he knows he didn't train right for the longest time at his peak and he's determined to right that wrong. Too bad the game has caught up and he has slowed down.

Still GOAT LW in my books.

Not only has the sport changes drastically over the last 7 years but BJ's skills has deteriorated as well. He should of retired 3 years ago but either money or ego keep him in there. Time to retire for good, please.

No surprise here.......I said he wouldn't do 3 rounds......but part of me feels bad for him....always hate to see the old warriors go down.....

Penn suffered the first knockdown of his UFC career after absorbing a record 1,034 total strikes.
this is the takeaway amazing stat there. we actually watched him get knocked down FOR THE FIRST TIME last night - and only after taking a hellacious beating the round before. any list of great chins that leaves BJ off is a joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back