Do you guys think Anderson Silva circa 2009 could hold 4 UFC belts?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How about the WW, MW, LHW and HW? I think Silva could potentialy hold all these belts... Weaker HW, no Jon Jones, the real threat would be St Pierre at WW.

Would be great to see him fight Shogun or Machida also!

(no heavy peds testing also :p)

What u guys say?

2009 Silva had "shitty" wrestling.
GSP would have his way with him at WW.

MW and LHW probably.

how does one hold n defend belts in 4 weight classes? does he fight 8 times a year then?

Shogun and Machida would have been very interesting matches, and I'm not so sure if Silva would have been able to beat those guys. He's arguably the better fighter than both of them, but Lyoto's style and Shogun's leg kicks and chin would make it to be a very unique fight.

Not a big Silva fan but yes he could have. He could have beaten Mir or JDS who were HW champs around then

He proved he could do very well at LHW by wiping his ass with the guy 1 fight removed from being the LHW champ, but to be fair Forrest was a favorable matchup for him, and he might struggle vs strong wrestlers.

I cant see him making 170, and the HW's are too powerful for him.

MW, LHW easily. Not sure he makes the cut to WW but he would destroy GSP if he could. HW is a toss up but I think he beats Mir.

If you think a super drained Silva at WW would have beat GSP, you are a dumbass.

In 07' he could have held the MW, LHW and HW belts. He was MW champ. You had a chinny Chuck at LHW, and Randy at HW. I think almost everyone would tip Anderson to win these fights... So yes, there was a period where he could have held three belts at once. WW would be tough, because he would have too much weight to cut if he wanted the other three belts.

Last edited:
I don't see him winning at HW at all, just too big of a delta. 205 and 185 definitely.

He'd hold none. He'd keep losing to Weidman and he'd lose to Cormier and Jones.

MW and LHW are his best shots. WW he would be drained and have to face GSP. At HW he would be too weak. Brock in 2009 if he could avoid a big strike would just spam the takedown and pound Silva out.

Back