Featherweight is possibly the most talented division

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The division has everything a fight fan can want. They have a legend as a champ and a guy who made improvements to become the interim champ. They have skilled fighter(Mendes, Lamas, Stephens, Swanson, Bermundez, Olivera), talented super prospects(Bektic,Choi,Rodriguez, Ortega), a fighter in no man's land (Edgar) and high level gatekeepers like Darren Elkins and Barao.

I think it has actually surpassed lightweight as the most talented division. Everyfighter in the rankings brings something to the table

It is good but WW *might* be better depending on how well some of the guys rebound.

FW is def the best div with prospects coming up, Bektic, Yair, Choi, Lando etc.

Ww is the best
Lw second beat

Then a race between 45 and 85

But it will always be like this

The reason they are always sooo good and always will be like I've explained before is

Because

The average human male is 5 foot 10ish and 175 lbs

Therefore they would fall in the 55-70 class

There's not a ton of guys who are 5 foot 3 and weigh 140, that's why Mighty Mouse is in a shit boring division

Same goes for hw how many in shape athletic guys do u know at 6 foot 3 in the 250 pound area

Shallow divisions = shit divisions

Nothing will ever change 145-185 will all be the best division with 155 and 170 sitting at the top

Makes sense to me.... does everyone else agree ??? Lol

Id go with the Bantamweight division... Serious TOP 10!

FW or LW. WW has always been overrated.

Ww is the best
Lw second beat

Then a race between 45 and 85

But it will always be like this

The reason they are always sooo good and always will be like I've explained before is

Because

The average human male is 5 foot 10ish and 175 lbs

Therefore they would fall in the 55-70 class

There's not a ton of guys who are 5 foot 3 and weigh 140, that's why Mighty Mouse is in a shit boring division

Same goes for hw how many in shape athletic guys do u know at 6 foot 3 in the 250 pound area

Shallow divisions = shit divisions

Nothing will ever change 145-185 will all be the best division with 155 and 170 sitting at the top

Makes sense to me.... does everyone else agree ??? Lol
Lol I'm 5ft 10, 135.
I think 145 is clearly better because they have great fighters at all stages of the game compared to 185 where most of the fighters are older. There isn't enough young fighters with talent outside of Whittaker to know where the future of the division is headed

I still put lightweight ahead of it, but it's close. Both divisions are clearly more talent stacked than the rest.

FW is def the best div with prospects coming up, Bektic, Yair, Choi, Lando etc.

Lando is a LW. He's on record after his loss to Ferguson saying he's a LW forever cause he almost died the one time he tried to make FW.

Could be even more talented if they stopped fucking around and signed Raoni Barcelos already.

Lol I'm 5ft 10, 135.
I think 145 is clearly better because they have great fighters at all stages of the game compared to 185 where most of the fighters are older. There isn't enough young fighters with talent outside of Whittaker to know where the future of the division is headed
510 135 is really lean ... I'm just going by the average
Ya 145 could be better than 85
But not like 55 or 70

I'm 5 11 200... but in shape 185 ( holiday weight and I just spent a week in cuba lol )

Exactly

And yet Conor CLEANED OUT FW

This is WHY Conor is the real GOAT

Conor is dominating 2 of the most stacked talent rich divisions in combat sports

The REAL DEEP talent pools are at 145 and 155 and Conor is far ahead of the pact in both

Same is the case for boxing (most of all the top talent in boxing is from 126 to 160)

The lighter divisions have always been where its at

This is why I laugh when newbs claim Jones -who is of a heavy disvision, is a GOAT....far inferior talent pools at heavier weights

You can't be right. I was told repeatedly that the division was "dead" because Conor was stripped.

The up and comers are impressive at featherweight but Yair, Ortega, and Superboy ain't no LanGOAT. So I have to go with 155.

I don't think this makes 145 inherently better, heavier divisions simply allow for fighters to stay on top longer. That doesn't make them inferior aside from ageism which is common among MMA fans.

Back