Fighters who inspire you?

Eli1015

Martial Artist
@Brown
Reaction score
Which fighters inspire you the most, be it in your own training, or just life in general. For me it has always been GSP, and recently Conor. GSP inspired me to be a martial artist, and how to act in life. Conor also inspires me during training. I always remember what a person can do if they believe in themselves. Conor came from being on welfare, and made his way up to the highest paid MMA fighter ever. And phrases like " There is no opponent. It's you against you" stick with me in the gym. What about you guys?

none if I'm honest, I'm not that emotionally invested in any of them.

Georges St-Pierre, Anderson, Fedor, Penn, Mighty Mouse, Shogun, to name a few.

Cruz coming back after so many injuries is very inspiring and his quote about realising that he didn't need the belt to be happy gave me chills so Cruz for sure.

dominick cruz, floyd mayweather and cm punk(really I'm not joking, he is probably my idol)

Rickson.

I watched CHOKE and started training shortly after.

He was talented and in nasty shape.

Jon Jone. He knows how to party

BJ penns will to never surrender is something to be admired.

His will to always compete amongst the best in the world is why I always will have the utmost respect for him.

Cruz and Conor people that get setbacks and come back

Inspiring? Miesha Tate, Michael Bisping, Forrest Griffin, Fabricio Werdum, Josh Barnett - the ones who DON'T have very noticeable physical gifts and are often underestimated because of that, but still manage to compete at an elite level in spite of it.

CM PUNK...he proved that any body can....oh sorry...i'll come back with a better answer

When I was younger I certainly found some inspiration in some Pride fighters.

RDA. I use to think like most that his success was a result of peds. But then I heard Nick Curson talking about him, and how much hard work and dedication he put in. Then I realized he was legit. Looking back on his career their is a steady progression in his skills and physique after the Guida loss. RDA never settled with being comfortable like other who had taken multiple losses. He didn't care if he was getting paid a lot, he didn't care if he was getting attention, and he didn't care who he was fighting. He justed wanted to be the best. And did he ever prove it.

Back