Stipe Miocic is mad at the UFC, calls UFC 203 pay 'a slap in the face'

frandie2b

------(SALD BELT)------
@red
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/1...e-face-says-ufc-took-my-kindness-for-weakness

The UFC heavyweight champion on Monday revealed that he was deeply frustrated with the UFC after discovering that he earned a smaller payday than his challenger at UFC 203, Alistair Overeem, despite the entire event being built around Miocic defending his title in his hometown of Cleveland, Ohio.

“[It’s] terrible,” Miocic said on The MMA Hour. “Things definitely need to be changed. Something’s gotta change. It’s not really fair.”

“I just felt like I was kinda crapped on a little bit,” Miocic said. “I try to do things right and work with them, and they just didn’t give me a great deal. That’s my own fault, but also they knew what they were doing. They took my kindness for weakness.

“They told me it was the best deal they could do, and I said, oh okay, great. And then come to find out, it wasn’t.”

“We’re definitely not being unfair,” he added. “We’re not looking for a couple million or anything like that, but definitely getting compensated for winning the belt, defending the belt in my hometown, and also the guy making more money than me is just unheard of. That’s terrible.”

Overeem has been making cake , that's well known. Overeem is popular world wide. No one knows who the fuck Miocic is and he's the champ lol.

how about get athletic and play in the NFL.

oh wait, thats why ur a heavyweight in the UFC.

he's right. if he outperformed his contract and has been a good employee he should be getting sweet backstage performance bonuses, which apparently he isn't

Stipe doesn't move Dana's needle

Honestly I thought 600k was a bit high for where he's at in terms of drawing power and number of title defenses. Mighty Mouse would love to have that contract.

"The guy" lol, acting like Overeem is some random heavyweight they took from the prelims. Also didnt he make like 600k in his last fight, doesnt seem too bad for a fairly unknown fighter name wise. Dont get me wrong I would love to see every champ take home 8 figures per fight, but I dont see how 600k is a slap in the face when you have a guy like MM make like a third of that while on his 9th defense.

UFC knows that firefighters are paid well and have a very good pension system, so they take that into account.

So "common man" firefighter Stipe is bitching about 600K and PPV points....

Stipe doesn't move Dana's needle

not what I heard :)

MCRnkNi.gif

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/1...e-face-says-ufc-took-my-kindness-for-weakness

The UFC heavyweight champion on Monday revealed that he was deeply frustrated with the UFC after discovering that he earned a smaller payday than his challenger at UFC 203, Alistair Overeem, despite the entire event being built around Miocic defending his title in his hometown of Cleveland, Ohio.

“[It’s] terrible,” Miocic said on The MMA Hour. “Things definitely need to be changed. Something’s gotta change. It’s not really fair.”

“I just felt like I was kinda crapped on a little bit,” Miocic said. “I try to do things right and work with them, and they just didn’t give me a great deal. That’s my own fault, but also they knew what they were doing. They took my kindness for weakness.

“They told me it was the best deal they could do, and I said, oh okay, great. And then come to find out, it wasn’t.”

“We’re definitely not being unfair,” he added. “We’re not looking for a couple million or anything like that, but definitely getting compensated for winning the belt, defending the belt in my hometown, and also the guy making more money than me is just unheard of. That’s terrible.”

He's a nothing draw

as a CHAMP, he's still a nothing draw

Overeem is a fan favorite, either hated or liked, ppl know who the fuck Overeem is.

Do you know how much of a nothing draw Miocic is?

He's a fucking firefighter,

he has to ask other firefighters to cover his shifts (which they whole heartedly do) so he can fight

He's a fucking firefighter that fought as a CHAMPION in his fucking HOMETOWN, hours before fucking 9-11

And still no one gives a shit about him.

he's right. if he outperformed his contract and has been a good employee he should be getting sweet backstage performance bonuses, which apparently he isn't

Ahhhh...those mythical back stage "bonuses". Notice no one ever talks about their massive back stage bonus, one fighter even said that if they gave him a higher disclosed amount they would just deduct it from any back stage bonus. Why would you keep something like that a secret other than to play fighters against one another.
Stipe needs to get tough but it is a fine line since there are no serious options for decent pay. Bellator is no pot of gold.

Back