A fighter you were Right about and a fighter you were Wrong about

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Simple question. Name a fighter you were right about and explain and name a fighter you were wrong about and explain.

RIGHT: I was right about Alan Belcher. I watched his win over Pallhares and i thought " hmmm not bad". I come on here and you would have thought he was gods gift to mma reading some of those threads. His next fight was scheduled to be against TRT VITOR IN BRAZIL and people were picking belcher!!!! So i made a thread saying i thought he was a mid level fighter and basically got called an idiot by 100 different posters lol. Thread even got wastelanded. I think i was right though. He basically got embrassed by Okami and Bisping than retired. Decent fighter nothing special:

WRONG: I was wrong about Rashard Evans. Watched him on TUF didnt see it. Watched his first few fights, didnt see it. Thought as soon as someone could stop his takedowns he would get domolished and that he couldnt compete with the top 10 at lhw which at the time was full of killers. ended up being a really great fighter, putting all together and turned out to be a pretty good mma striker on top of it. I was wrong about him

I was right about Conor.....

I'll need to have a real good think about a time I've been wrong.....

I though Thatch would better

I knew since Barboza 1st appearance he was gold

Right - Jon Jones, after his second fight in the UFC, I said he'll never lose a fight at 205 and he hasn't. (Matt Hamill aside)

Wrong - Renan Barao. Thought he was headed to being an all time great..

Wrong: Thatch

I thought he would grow out of that ridiculous haircut.

Right: Jon Jones

I knew he was a coke head from the beginning.

i wish I still had the e-mail, but I told a buddy that Chris Weidman would beat Anderson. I dont know if I really believed it myself at the time, but I wrote it nonetheless.

I was totally wrong about Conor when he first came to the UFC. I thought a legit wrestler would beat him.

Right - Jones (before Shogun fight) and Rumble (after beating the brakes off of AA)

Wrong - James McSweeney. Thought he was going to be way more successful in the UFC.

Right: Weidman, I thought from a very early point in his career he'd do great things

Wrong: Jones, thought his striking was some goofy shit and Shogun was gonna humiliate him haha

I thought I was right about Eddie Alverez after the Cowboy fight, then wrong after the Melendez and then Right after the Conor fight.

Right - Stipe Miocic, I knew very early on when he was fighting on prelims that he could go very far and possible champ, because I noticed he was fast for HW and a lot fitter than most of them, he has very crisp punching too.

Wrong - Anthony Pettis, when he became champ I thought he will keep it for a while and that it will be really hard to beat him, how wrong I was!!! he is 1-4 after I thought that and has fallen to pieces.

Right about Werdum when he fought Tom Erikson as a nobody in Pride.

Wrong about Cro Cop decimating the UFC HW division, though he had some good wins.

I knew GSP and Jones would be champs early on.

I wasn't sold on Cormier after his win over Bigfoot, but he turned out to be legit.

Right - Cody
I knew he would be champ the second I saw him

Wrong - TWood
I thought Lawler would besmirch him

I have an old thread from 05 or 06 where I called Rory Mac a future champ when he was only 16 years old. The way he was destroying grown men as an awkward teenager was truly amazing. He didn't quite become champ but there's no doubt he's champ material.

I was wrong about Jeff Joslin. I Thought he was the best canadian MMA prospect at the time. Even better than GSP. He had an amazing well rounded skill-set, killer instinct and was very athletic but in his one shot in the UFC he got dry humped by Koscheck and pretty much retired afterwards.

Right - Rampage would smash these UFC fighters

I have an old thread from 05 or 06 where I called Rory Mac a future champ when he was only 16 years old.

I made one after he won the KOTC title, then the mods deleted it after his UFC debut. </3

Right about Tate after she beat Coenen, I knew she would be a top girl for years and picked her to beat McMann and Holm when most didn't.

Right about Werdum that he would beat Cain.

Wrong about Holm, thought her background didn't translate well and she was nothing special in MMA.

Wrong about Bigfoot, though he would be an elite beast for a long time, but went on a huge skid.

Right: Cruz winning the title whenever he came back from his injuries. I knew no matter how long he was out he would still be able to beat Barao or TJ when he came back.

Wrong: Tim Sylvia, I literally thought he was gonna lose every fight he ever had since his first Arlovski loss. He surprised me all the way through several title defenses. Honorable mention goes to Cain who I thought was a future GOAT but ended up a walking injury.

Back