Yair's management messed up, bad.

The guest

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Read...Don't read. I don't give a fuck. But, I'm heading the douchebags off at the pass, this time.

If I was in control of Yair's career. I NEVER would have allowed him to take that fight. It was a lose/lose situation. Losing the fight of course, would have been bad. Winning it the way he did, may have been even worse.

Look in the PBP thread, and related subsequent threads.

A young fighter that most ppl seemed to be quite neutral about, before the fight. Is now a hated fighter. His transgression ??? He beat the piss out of the beloved BJ Penn.

The polls, and threads leading up to the fight, pretty much said it all. Penn huggers are over the fucking top, and always have been. Alot of them believed he would actually win that fight. That's not fucking reasonable.

Kind of reminds me of GSP vs Penn, and the re-match.

Leading up to the re-match, there was more focus put on that fight than any other in UFC history, to that point. Remember the Primetime series was created specifically for that fight. " To the death, Georges "... Do you remember all that ? Yet, the text poll during the broadcast showed IIRC. That about 2/3, or 66% of the people that voted, thought Penn was going to beat GSP. Which meant he would have held the LW, and WW titles at the same time.

So, GSP beat the living fuck out of Penn. In doing so, he became what is/was likely the most hated fighter in UFC history...Until Ronda, and Conor slithered out from wherever they came from ( He is/was of course, one of the most loved fighters in UFC history, too ).

The first fight was 2006. The re-match in 2009.

8...Yeah, that's right...EIGHT YEARS later. It is almost impossible to go a single day on these boards without Penn's huggers hating on GSP. And not just hating... But lying their fucking asses off, to do it. They try to downplay his accomplishments. He was the face of the UFC for more years than Ronda, and Conor combined. He beat EVERY fighter he faced. And dominated almost every single one of them. But, he's not the GOAT, and deserves to be hated because...

He didn't finish fights.
He ducked Silva.
He juiced.
He greased.
He fought safe ( The dumb fucks actually mean smart ).
He was boring.
He's Canadian.
He retired while still the champ.
He lost to Hendricks...

Etc, etc, etc.

Penn huggers have lied so many times, that they probably believe their own shit. The casual noobs of the last few years, have read, and heard this bullshit so many times. That they believe the lies, and calumny are ACTUAL FACT.

I've read numerous posts already, about Yair. Many of them heading down that same fucking road. It's not really that GSP, and Yair beat the beloved Penn. But, they embarrassed the living fuck out of him. And since alot of Penn's huggers predicted easy wins for Penn in the re-match, and the fight with Yair...

THEY were made to look stupid. And that is probably the biggest reason for the obsessive hate.

I NEVER would have suggested, or allowed Yair to take that fight, if I had a say in it. Because no matter what he does for the rest of his career. He's a marked, and hated man. He was ranked 10th before the fight. Penn huggers already want him to fight the top 2, or 3 guys... So they can beat the fuck out of him. Yeah...That sounds reasonable.

The hate ( I hope ) for Yair, will likely be tempered by the fact that Penn is well past his prime. He didn't belong in that octagon with Yair. And some of Penn's huggers get that. And I respect them for that. Whereas GSP beat the living fuck out of THE PRODIGY...IN HIS PRIME. But, no matter what...Alot of Penn's delusional fans will hate Yair for the rest of his career.

It's a damn shame. Because it wasn't personal...It's Yair's job. And he did it very well. He doesn't deserve to be hated. At least, not for that. And he will NEVER be nearly as popular, or well liked as he likely could have been, if he hadn't fought Penn.

I've been seeing a ton of threads crowning him king of the universe

I don't think people hate him. I think it out him on the map

He should have cut a heel promo and say that he took BJ's soul and that he's the new Prodigy and start using the nickname. These guys are blowing it.

His management did the right thing, he got the easiest payday of his life and did it in the main event.

berneydidnotread.gif

penn fans are the worst.

unreasonable fans. for a unreasonable fighter.

I would have been fine with him just winning, but there was no reason for him to taunt.

go get some fresh air dude

I've been seeing a ton of threads crowning him king of the universe

I don't think people hate him. I think it out him on the map
Exactly. I haven't seen a single person hating on him. Some people found it tough to watch and are mad at the UFC for putting Penn in their with him but nobody is mad at Yair.

This guy is doing jump kicks for 10 mins and not getting noticed.

Being hated is not going to hurt this guy's career. Every time Yair fights I read multple messages about how posters don't remember, or never saw him before.

This BJ Penn fight has been more promotion than months on the TUF set. BJ Penn fans and their social media accounts have no weight.

You need some pussy in your life, breh.

He's too busy nearly having a heart attack due to hating Conor McGregor all the time (someone he hasn't ever met or likely will ever meet).

Your original advice is the correct one.

I only read the title and in my opinion BJs management is the one who made the mistake agreeing to fight Yair and risk getting high-light reeled.

And shame on Parillo and the corner for even lettting him answer the bell for the 2nd round
Bj was rocked from rocked silly from the gnarly head kicks he was eating

I think he just wanted a easy fight where he can look good and against a name that he knows people will tune in and watch. Remember his last fight was very lackluster, he barely beat Alex Caceras who has lost so many times and a low ranked FW. People didn't think he lived up to the hype in it. Its UFC fault for giving Penn such a young fast guy like that, Penn should have only been booked against someone his age who is on the downside like Gray Maynard etc etc.

It was a great move on his part. Only thing I would be pissed about if I were his manager is he didn't call someone out during his post fight interview. You just beat a legend in Penn (regardless of what version of Penn we got) and the spotlight was on him. Should have called out Holloway, Aldo, Lamas, whoever in the top 5.

Very few people in the last 10 years even know Penn was any good. Not many people go back and rewatch from UFC 1.

Back