In terms of raw striking ability is Michael Bisping in the top 5 pound-for-pound best strikers?

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I think so, he is the only man to ever outstrike Anderson Silva, not to mention his work of art against Luke Rockhold.
IMO these are the best strikers in the UFC

1) Alistair Overeem
2) Rumble Johnson
3) Michael Bisping
4) Stephen Thompson
5) Conor McGregor

No, but I think he is number 1 in 'Champ most likely to lose their title'

"the only man to ever outstrike Anderson Silva"

Not sure about top 5. But he seems to get better every time we see him.

I hope you meant top 50... because that would make more sense.

Don't think Overeem is in the top 5, he loses standing too often for that. Striking defense is part of striking.

HELL NO....

I dont understand u people.Did u not see his recent fights with Thales Leites and 46 year old Dan Henderson.??

NO
NO
NO
NO

HELL NO

Rumble the second best striker in the UFC? Crazy power and athleticism sure but in terms of "raw striking ability" he's barely even average.

oiBWSZ1_zpskf6xw7nc.gif

Rumble the second best striker in the UFC? Crazy power and athleticism but in terms of "raw striking ability" he's barely even average.
Best = most effective for me, I would question Overeem much more considering how often he loses standing while Rumble has not lost standing at LHW.

Conor has also been on the losing end standing before against Nate, Rumble is one of the only guys who hasn't while fighting top competition.

Don't think Overeem is in the top 5, he loses standing too often for that. Striking defense is part of striking.

agreed. Interms of MMA striking I don't have him up there. He can't cover up as well with the smaller gloves and he's been getting KOd too frequently. Offensively he's one of the best though.

Mark Hunt is a better HW MMA striker IMO.

Best = most effective for me, I would question Overeem much more considering how often he loses standing while Rumble has not lost standing at LHW.

Conor has also been on the losing end standing before against Nate, Rumble is one of the only guys who hasn't while fighting top competition.

Agreed, but based on "raw striking ability" in the thread title I'm pretty sure that TS was referring to skill. Hopefully I've misread it...

Yeah LHW Rumble is probably the most dominant and effective striker without ever getting rocked we've seen since prime Andy.

Bisping is a legend. A true warrior who would have been champion years ago if it weren't for so many cheating cowards in MMA

Bisping is a legend. A true warrior who would have been champion years ago if it weren't for so many cheating cowards in MMA

Agreed. Plus the fact that he was incapable of defeating a top 7 fighter until 2016.

The guy's defense is horrible. The fact that he got hit twice but Dan's overhand is ridiculous.

Agreed. Plus the fact that he was incapable of defeating a top 7 fighter until 2016.
He couldn't beat them because they were on steroids. Look at the guys he lost to over the years almost every one of them failed a test for steroids

One of the best.

Only problem is that he has no power, allowing others to walk through his offense with no fear.

Back