Saddest fall from grace for a UFC legend?!?!

Lionheart7167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I'm going to toss Fedor in the convo too, just cuz

Who do you think has had the worst fall from grace and WHY????

Just throwing out a few names; Liddell, Tito, Couture, Fedor, Nog, Penn, Cro Cop, Hughes, Silva

gT078lq.gif

Joes commentary made it more brutal. "oh my god"

No Anderson Silva and it's not even close. Got dismantled twice by Weidman. Got caught for PED's which tarnished his legacy. Hasn't won a fight since 2013 and been on a losing streak since then and he is about to lose again at UFC 208.

Mine will forever be Chuck Liddell we have seen a lot of guys deteriorate but Chuck's chin was literally GONE.

ibkwfc.gif

Last edited:
Tim Sylvia.

Jk no one likes Tim Sylvia.
Iceman.

Chuck Liddell - UFC
Mark Kerr - Outside UFC

Gotta go with Couture. And BJ & Anderson close behind. Wish these guys would have gone out on top like GSP.

A couple of other fighters come to mind:

Ken Shamrock... a shadow of his former self yet still fighting.
Ken_Shamrock_bio.png

Also, Mark "The Smashing Machine" Kerr... I advise all Sherdoggers to watch the documentary.
mark_kerr.jpg

Funny how PED's were fundamental to the success of both fighters...

Ken Shamrock. He went from being a respected pioneer of the sport to a complete laughing stock.

Chuck Liddell downfall was awful his chin was completely gone and done for.

mcgregor when he lost to nate diaz in the first fight.

yes, he was a legend.

Penn. Alright he's 38 but he's last two fights were ridiculous. Guys on bully beat down are more competitive.

Easily Chuck Liddell. His losses at the end of his career were the most brutal of any elite fighter that we've seen in MMA.

Liddell's strategy was to drag guys into a brawl and rely on his chin and punching power, which worked great until his chin was no more.

I won't be surprised if he's a vegetable in his older years, if he doesn't have problems already.

Back