The Sport Has Passed By BJ Penn, It’s Time To Retire

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.lowkickmma.com/UFC/quote-the-sport-has-passed-bj-penn-by-its-time-to-retire/

USATSI_9813395_168382968_lowres-640x482.jpg

Rodriguez systematically picked apart ‘The Prodigy’ throughout the first six minutes of the contest, before landing a devastating hook that dropped the former lightweight and welterweight champ and eating a barrage of punches to end the night. Penn did not speak to any media following the loss, however, a few fellow fighters chimed in on the matter (via FOX Sports) during the FS1 post-fight show, stating that they believe it’s time for Penn to hang up the gloves.

Retire at this point. No one needs to see a legend like BJ Penn go out like that,” Florian said. “That was very hard to see, not to mention the last fight against Frankie Edgar was very hard to see. Now we’re it again with Yair Rodriguez. The sport has passed him by.

“This is an eventuality for every single fighter. It doesn’t matter, eventually, you don’t move the same way if you don’t keep up with the sport, you’re going to get beat down like this. This sport is way too hard. There’s other ways to make money and I hope BJ Penn finds some kind of peace in retiring finally.”

We all knew that before he took the fight, TS... But yes you are correct

I checked the timestamp on this post and it wasn't from 2010. Sorry to break it to you, TS, but you're late.

BJ could be in his prime and he still would have caught a beating by Yair, game has evolved beyond good jits and sloppy boxing.

I need one more to be sure

Damn BJ we respect your contributions to MMA, but please stop harming your body and hang up the gloves.

am I the only one who thinks seeing a Kenny Florian quote get copy-pasted is a tad ironic?

No shit. I actually like seeing Penn get manhandled again wish Rodriquez would have lickd his gloves like a fucking idiot the way Penn was a arogant prick in his prime. I want to be the best ever is that too much to ask? Yeah it is.

lol are you kidding me? BJ got destroyed.
Of course he's kidding. It was a dangerously late stoppage. BJM and BJ's corner should have been considering stopping the fight in between rounds and definitely should have stopped it when Yair dropped him in the second round

Funny thing is, as bad as BJ looked against Yair, he still did way better than Rhonda against Nunes.

So true. And that's no knock against BJ. He's a legend of his era. Time to step aside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back