Anybody still laughing at Taekwondo after BJ got slaughtered?

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Will you sherdoggers who've been shitting on TKD for years admit now that it works?

This wasn't even a high level performer.

Well ofc TKD would work in a slightly different way in the cage because of the constant moving and resetting and threat of TD, etc.

If Yair tried to do that to any of the top 5, Yikes.....even broken 38 yr old Penn caught him a few times with that counter left and cross, though he was too slow to follow through properly. His striking defense sucks. I still stand by that.

Not since Hwoarang.

More of a win for Father Time and The Evolution of MMA than anything.

Is not Taekwondo,.. it is MMA.

giphy.gif

Will you sherdoggers who've been shitting on TKD for years admit now that it works?

This wasn't even a high level performer.
why are you bothered with the opinions of basement dwelling virgins,who think a niche sport with D Level ''athletes'' is the be all and end all ?

BJ Getting destroyed had nothing to do with TKD.

If you mix it with wrestling and submissions, it can be a decent striking base. You have to learn to try and hurt, rather than score, however. I learned kicks in karate as a 11-14 year old, and I never forgot. Learning to kick is important.

It was a tour de force Taekwondo. BJ got the kitchen sink. Roundhouse, spinning jumping Roundhouse, Wheel kick, Spinning side kick. Jumping front kick. etc

Both Benson Henderson and Anthony Pettis have made good use of their tkd backgrounds for years. Machida has done well with shotokan karate. Wonderboy Thompson has a kenpo karate background and starches people with it. Gunnar Nelson looked great against Tumenov using a pure goju ryu style...

I think just about everyone realizes at this point it's more about the fighter and how they adopt their background to mma, which is done through years of training st good mma camps.

If you'd posted this 10 years ago it might deserve more than a stifled yawn.

TKD guys dont kick hard like Yair.
They are used to a fast and harmless foot slap to score points in tournaments.

After seeing BJ slaughtered by all those kicks, all I kept thinking was "WTF." So I I looked it up: apparently it's the World Taekwon-Do Federation. Today I sent in my dues for becoming a member. We'll see what happens.

Can Yair be in the new tekken game. hes a mix between shaheen and hworang

bwhojlchpzwpje4wtv9k.jpg

180px-Hwoarang_-_Full-body_CG_Art_Image_-_Tekken_6.png

Yes, I'm still laughing about it. We all are.

Well ofc TKD would work in a slightly different way in the cage because of the constant moving and resetting and threat of TD, etc.

If Yair tried to do that to any of the top 5, Yikes.....even broken 38 yr old Penn caught him a few times with that counter left and cross, though he was too slow to follow through properly. His striking defense sucks. I still stand by that.

TKD is a useless martial art because it could only beat a past prime BJ Penn.

Back