Rashad wants to return around April. Was looking to fight Anderson Silva.

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
via mma hour. Brunson got the fight so that's off now. He says he'll stay at 185 for his next fight and hasn't gotten heavy since the NY card. He said he's now looking at Thales Leites but will fight anyone the UFC offers.

Buffalo area is his hometown but he said he doesn't think it would be smart to try to get a fight in NY again evne though that's his dream place to fight.

He also said the Blackzilians are splintered and what Henry Hooft wants and what Glenn Robinson wants are two different things. The team is split in half and he's sick of the drama. Rashad/Rumble, etc are wtih Hooft. Combat Club is the name of the gym but not the team name.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm

Maybe Mousasi or Uriah Hall.

Looking to lay n pray on a legend with bad wrestling. Such a brave man .

Makes perfect sense. Serious Brunson was not the fight to make.

Do they hire chimps at UFC matchmaking head quarters?

Who's responsible for this ?

<mma2>

Best of luck to Rashad but I'm not super excited to see him fight again, I think he's done.

And I hope his brain continues to work good

I'm confused didn't he fail two separate medicals? What assurance does any fighter have when signing the contract that he can compete?

Rashad added a little more. He said Anderson's team didn't want the fight as soon as Rashad wanted it (it was probably right after his NY fight was cancelled) and they talked a little about possibly fighting later and then he just sort of lost communication and later heard about the Brunson fight. Doesn't know what exactly happened.

I'm not disagreeing with you yet but i'm curious what is your thought process behind it being a bad matchup?

A few years ago (I guess 5+ now), I really wanted to see Rashad face Anderson and Shogun. Thought they'd have been excellent match ups when the three were closer to their best. The fact that Rashad got rejected by 2 ACs though, makes it difficult for me to want to see him fighting. Also, those fights aren't even a fraction as interesting as they once were.

I'm not disagreeing with you yet but i'm curious what is your thought process behind it being a bad matchup?

Anderson needs to fight guys in his age bracket. He needs to be fighting guys like Rashad who is closer to his era and gives fan the "what if" factor when they pit some older guys against eachother who didn't get a chance to fight eachother.

Brunson is a younger guy with chin liabilities he could actually lose this fight and at the same time he's still got a chance to change some things about his game and maybe make a move for the top 10.

He failed with 2 medical commissions they didn't find him A-OK to have a fight.

Now we do this again ?

Also why would us the fans want to see it.. if he gets KO'ed it will look like shit for the UFC.

Retire Rashad please.

Back