RUMOR: Anthony Pettis vs. Mairbek Taisumov In The Works For Upcoming Event

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

I know there was a thread on this yesterday, I can't find it anywhere for the life of me. It didn't get too much attention so I'm gonna repost it and if I can find the other, I'll merge.

Rogan dropped this info on his podcast last night during the Yair/BJ broadcast. Not sure what event is could be on, but an interesting fight nonetheless.

What do you guys think?

That's a tough fight for Pretty Tony

edit: oh okay, nvm

Last edited:
Pettis should shoot for takedowns. His striking is very poor.

PHew....

I thought Pettis actually signed to fight Tumenov....

That would have been the end of Anthony's career unless he suddenly turned into a D1 all american.

Are you fuckin serious. Fight makes no sense. They're in different brackets so-to-speak.

Btw Mairbek is going to give Pettis the blues.

Youd think theyd toss Pettis a bone at this point. Tough fight for Pettis

Do they like to watch Pettis losing fights or something?

Are you fuckin serious. Fight makes no sense.

Btw Mairbek is going to give Pettis the blues
I think it's a bad fight for Pettis for sure, but it still interests me. I've been waiting for Taisumov to get this kind of step up.

Lets hope that the fight will be in Europe or anywhere else than the US (due to Taisumovs visa issues).

Mairbek Taisumov, my bad! Haha
HEOJs.gif

Pettis needs a couple bottom feeders to get his confidence back, undercard fights

I think it's a bad fight for Pettis for sure, but it still interests me. I've been waiting for Taisumov to get this kind of step up.

From a UFC executive stand point they're burying their own grave.

Pettis has a name. They've spent time and money giving him a push in prior times and they're giving him a tough no name opponent? They should match him up with a Ross Pearson type fighter or Thiago Alves and if they really wanted to bring him back up, give him some feeder dudes.

Don't get me wrong im a fan of Mairbek and I've been waiting for him to break out and this will be it.

Had to look the guy up real quick to get a reminder.

26-5 overall record and 5-1 in the UFC. 15 KO/TKO and 10 submission wins 1 Dec win. Dangerous fight for Pettis deff not an easy fight n I feel like a win does nothing for him.

Huge opportunity for Taisumov!

Back