So GSP is the only guy to go out on top? Hendo was so close!

flakxd

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Anderson & Fedor have zero chance of doing so....and any upcoming fights can do nothing to improve their legacy. It won't be a meaningful victory for a UFC belt, and has the chance to be an embarrassing loss to middle-tier guys.

GSP would be dumb to ever make a comeback. Get over any competitive itch, make money from sponsors and appearances. Keep your legacy of going out on top, with the belt.

It doesn't even matter if his last fight was controversial. He has the belt, the W in the books, and he should be able to ride off into the sunset happy. Dude avenged his only 2 losses in brutal fashion. Call him boring, but his resume and exit on top of the world, has to lead to him being the GOAT.

Anderson & Fedor have zero chance of doing so....and any upcoming fights can do nothing to improve their legacy. It won't be a meaningful victory for a UFC belt, and has the chance to be an embarrassing loss to middle-tier guys.

GSP would be dumb to ever make a comeback. Get over any competitive itch, make money from sponsors and appearances. Keep your legacy of going out on top, with the belt.

It doesn't even matter if his last fight was controversial. He has the belt, the W in the books, and he should be able to ride off into the sunset happy. Dude avenged his only 2 losses in brutal fashion. Call him boring, but his resume and exit on top of the world, has to lead to him being the GOAT.
<mma4>

Chris Lytle I think timed his retirement pretty well though obviously he wasn't champ.

And now he gets shit on for not having a win during the USADA era. Damned if you do, damned if you don't

If Hendo was so close, how does Silva have zero chance of doing so when he's younger and just KOed Bisbing last year?

2017-01-16-13-24-50--948027990.jpg

Plus, post USADA GSP doesnt exist and probably never will.

Didn't know Sugar Ray Robinson and Muhammad Ali were eliminated from the GOAT discussion when Lennox Lewis went out on top.

If Hendo was so close, how does Silva have zero chance of doing so when he's younger and just KOed Bisbing last year?

Come on now, Silva lost that fight. He had a shot at winning if he hadn't of been so stupid as to walk away, though the bell did ring right as he did. Instead Silva took the next round off and let Bisping recover. He could of won, but he didn't.

Saying that though Silva def could still be a contender if he tried hard enough, I just don't know if serious Silva is even a thing anymore. Silva with his Lebel fight time attitude could probably still make waves no doubt.

I agree but would be happy to see him come back for the right type of fight. Imagine of Bisping actually defends vs Yoel and Jacare and meanwhile Rockhold officially retires to be a model while the Chris loses again. GSP vs Bisping for the MW title would be epic and no harm to GSP's legacy IMO if he loses to Bisping should the Count beat those 2 mentioned. If McGregor managed to win the WW belt I could see a Champ vs Champion at WW for GSP to become a 2 division champion and kill McG at the same time.

Won't happen though. Dana isn't letting GSP anywhere near Conor.

Come on now, Silva lost that fight. He had a shot at winning if he hadn't of been so stupid as to walk away, though the bell did ring right as he did. Instead Silva took the next round off and let Bisping recover. He could of won, but he didn't.

Saying that though Silva def could still be a contender if he tried hard enough, I just don't know if serious Silva is even a thing anymore. Silva with his Lebel fight time attitude could probably still make waves no doubt.

See now you are putting words into my mouth - I didn't say that Silva is still a contender in the top5.

But in an era of fast tracked money fights, Bisbing Silva II is plausible and if you think Silva has "no chance" at beating Bisbing, then you are an idiot. End of story.

See now you are putting words into my mouth - I didn't say that Silva is still a contender in the top5.

But in an era of fast tracked money fights, Bisbing Silva II is plausible and if you think Silva has "no chance" at beating Bisbing, then you are an idiot. End of story.

Bitches about putting words in mouth, says I said Silva has no chance at beating Bisping.

Good job big guy.

I said Silva probably could still be a contender if he actually fought to his full potential. For how much longer? I don't know, but I don't think he is completely over the hill yet.

Crocop didnt go out on top exactly but was on a nice 7 fight W streak. Most thought he was done years ago.

Would you rather get knocked the fuck out in your prime like GSP did against someone like Serra or go undefeated for 10 years in your prime and then lose a few in the end like all the greats do?

View attachment 191237

Plus, post USADA GSP doesnt exist and probably never will.
Being that we are going to speculate I find it interesting that you put his pic next to Johny who put up huge resistance to extra testing pre fight and who has turned to shit after the usada. If anything Johny is a poster boy for your theory.

GSP was so scared to lose that he retired at the young age of 32...let that sink in...

Back