BJ been taking beatings, but at least hes facing opponents that match his legacy and skills...

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
BJ now can at least retire in peace, knowing hes not the best anymore.

Other greats like Fedor and Shogun been facing guys that are bellow their greatness i think, and it sucks.

Fedor x Mitrione and Shogun x Villante are not great fights... I will still watch, but i think they deserved better, specially Shogun, whose i think is more in the game than Fedor.

Other greats like Fedor and Shogun been facing guys that are bellow their greatness i think, and it sucks.

Fedor x Mitrione and Shogun x Villante are not great fights... I will still watch, but i think they deserved better, specially Shogun, whose i think is more in the game than Fedor.

Are you saying it's better for legends to get their shit pushed in by the new elite rather than step down and continue to have competitive bouts?

Are you saying it's better for legends to get their shit pushed in by the new elite rather than step down and continue to have competitive bouts?
Its better for them to retire if they cannot compete at the highest level anymore... or try a few fights with lesser competition and then try to comeback to the top, if they cant retire then.

At least BJ was brutalized by Yair, it sucked to see Fedor beatdown by fuckin Maldonado.

once again he looked awful and out of place. I know he hates sitting around doing nothing but he needs to pick up video games or disc golf or something

Not sold on Yair being better for his division than Matt TBH. Matt beat Black Beast and did okay against Browne before the pokes, Yair... is flashy.

Not sold on Yair being better for his division than Matt TBH. Matt beat Black Beast and did okay against Browne, Yair... is flashy.
I think Matt will KTFO Fedor unfortunately... Will be a sad scene.

I rather he face guys with some name value and are vets like himself. UFC should have re-booked his original opponent in Denis Siver.

He made the same mistakes he been making for the better part of the end of his career. He shouldn't be in there with young top 10 guys. Even in the 145lb division B.J. managed to find someone who clearly was much bigger than him.

once again he looked awful and out of place. I know he hates sitting around doing nothing but he needs to pick up video games or disc golf or something
BJ is along with Fedor and Shogun my favorite... But hes done facing high level guys. Now i at least can say it without false hopes. I hope he retires for good now, he doesnt deserve these beatings.

At least BJ was brutalized by Yair, it sucked to see Fedor beatdown by fuckin Maldonado.
giphy.gif

You guys should stop. Yair would starch McTapper and Garbrandt.

Yair hasnt accomplished too much, but at least hes an exciting prospect... with chances of becoming a champ one day. Maldonado is a good fighter, good boxer, but not too much to be expected from. But i feel u bro, lol :p

I rather he face guys with some name value and are vets like himself. UFC should have re-booked his original opponent in Denis Siver.

He made the same mistakes he been making for the better part of the end of his career. He shouldn't be in there with young top 10 guys. Even in the 145lb division B.J. managed to find someone who clearly was much bigger than him.
I think even Denis Siver presents a threat now... BJ rather retire i think. But thats his choice now.

BJ is most definitely not a pussy.

BJ fought Matt Hughes, GSP, Nick Diaz, and Lyoto Machida. He also won the LW & WW belts in the UFC. His legacy will be known as one of the best LW's to ever fight and was a pioneer for the smaller divisions in mma.

Back in the day BJ was the best in the world and his skills were the most well rounded. Today at the age of 38 and after fighting for years and years how can you not understand where he's at now?

WAR BJ PENN

You don't take one sided beatings from people who match your level of skill.

I personally thought BJ was going to handle Yair easily...I recently re watched his fight withIt Charles Rosa, and surly thought BJ was going to work him and finish him with an RNC in round 1.

It should be absolutely clear that BJ is no longer able to compete at this level. He looked completely shot last night.

Back