Joe Lauzon discussing the fight on Reddit

He's a pretty bright guy.

I don't agree however that takedowns should outpoint damage

Takedowns don't mean shit unless you inflict more damage with strikes or get near submissions.

Judges got it right.

Crying over at Reddit for being too privileged. What a surprise. <mma4>

I didn't watch the decision! It went to Joe?!?!?!?

bryan yes.jpg

Joe knows a win if he sees one. Kind of a close fight and Marcin didn't really do anything after the TD and Joe got him in a bit of an armbar in one instance...too close to call it. That should teach Marcin to not play safe when on the ground. You're suppose to be a great grappler for godssakes...

Was hilarious watching his expression during the scoring announcement. Pure confusion.

There have been worse decisions but he was controlled for a huge majority of that fight. Probably should have gone to Held.

Fuck takedowns, they are a means to an end and shouldn't count for scoring anymore than good footwork does.

He plays Starcraft, of course he has a high IQ. It's the game for the elite of the elite.

{<jordan}

Where did he say he only did damage one round? Not seeing it. TIA!

If you watched it you'd see that Joe won the first and Held won the 2nd and 3rd. Joe had some nice elbows in the first, then he got outgrappled for the remainder of the fight

I understand being classy but, maybe Joe is taking a bit too far. What's wrong with saying, "I thought it could have gone either way. Marcin is a tough guy...yada, yada, yada.
I really don't think you should ever sell yourself short and try to give a win away.

Inexplicable decision. Held won that fight

I understand being classy but, maybe Joe is taking a bit too far. What's wrong with saying, "I thought it could have gone either way. Marcin is a tough guy...yada, yada, yada.
I really don't think you should ever sell yourself short and try to give a win away.
I found it refreshing to see a fighter that clearly lost a fight only to get a decision to agree with just about everyone and say he didn't win.

Unlike guys like the Diaz brothers that have never lost a minute of any fight...ever.

Back