Yair vs BJ: UFC should ashamed?

FrenchHeavyWeight

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
it was the tyson vs lewis of MMA, or these last fights of ali, why did u put a legend against a hungry young "pantera" like yair... why?!

Bj was just here to prove something to himself, a last "tour de piste" for his fans, his goal wasnt to be the next champion.

For god's sake just give him the last dude in the roster, someone who dnt have any tdd but just some jabs... a sloppy brawler yes!

It would have been a great fight, i dnt understand nobody in that fight
-yair you dnt win nothing and if you lose its a nightmare
-bj... wtf champ? Hope the money was good
-the ufc you lost a lot here in term of the "image of the brand",for me at least,you dnt do that to your legends i dnt see the purpose of that fight.

Even big john was telling to greg jackson to "watch him", like "throw that god damn towel you idiot!"

tyson versus lewis? Yair is a fringe top 10 FW.

Granted, he looked good, but come on now. If they put him against Aldo or Frankie, yes, should be ashamed. Not against Yair.

Plus the fighting style opposition was terrible for bj, in his prime would he have won?

636068796927335020-1963228259_giphy.gif

Didn't you hear BJ Penn before the fight? Everyone should have bet the house on him!

Come on, guy. We don't know how this shit is gonna play out. We all have out ideas and opinions but no one really knows. BJ Penn could have come out of the gate, thrown a flying knee 2 seconds into the fight, gotten a knock down, then submitted Yair in under a minute. It didn't happen, and we had good reason to believe that Penn wouldn't win, but we didn't really know. You can't fault the UFC for giving a living legend of the sport another fight. If they give him another one after this, that's a problem. BJ is done and everyone can see that pretty plainly. But Penn was training with Jackson, he was in good shape.

Plus, now everyone knows who Yair Rodriguez is.

tyson versus lewis? Yair is a fringe top 10 FW.

Granted, he looked good, but come on now. If they put him against Aldo or Frankie, yes, should be ashamed. Not against Yair.

It was a missmatch dude, like we saw with tyson. Plus bj was that small guy in the cage.

Didn't you hear BJ Penn before the fight? Everyone should have bet the house on him!

Come on, guy. We don't know how this shit is gonna play out. We all have out ideas and opinions but no one really knows. BJ Penn could have come out of the gate, thrown a flying knee 2 seconds into the fight, gotten a knock down, then submitted Yair in under a minute. It didn't happen, and we had good reason to believe that Penn wouldn't win, but we didn't really know. You can't fault the UFC for giving a living legend of the sport another fight. If they give him another one after this, that's a problem. BJ is done and everyone can see that pretty plainly. But Penn was training with Jackson, he was in good shape.

Plus, now everyone knows who Yair Rodriguez is.

We know who is yair and no, the ufc and bj should have choosed that fit opponent where bj Would have had a chance.

Even in the 145lbs division B.J. manage to find someone much bigger than him to fight. The people around him and the UFC should have match him up with someone like Denis Siver ( who was going to be his first comeback fight ) not a top 10 young gun.

The only thing I can think of is that the UFC don't give two fucks about BJ, his legacy, or his fans. They were only interested in promoting Yair, if at the expense of a "legend" then oh well. I wish BJ's pride would have let him ask for an easier fight, but hey fighters gonna fight. Hopefully the guy hangs it up, he's looked over the hill for years now.

BJ fought a 225 pound Machida and held his own. I don't think he's complaining so why should you?

The only thing I can think of is that the UFC don't give two fucks about BJ, his legacy, or his fans. They were only interested in promoting Yair, if at the expense of a "legend" then oh well. I wish BJ's pride would have let him ask for an easier fight, but hey fighters gonna fight. Hopefully the guy hangs it up, he's looked over the hill for years now.

So the ufc hall of fame is useless? Just for the marketing?

Before the fight no one thought this was such a mismatch

He got beat

He's fine

If he wants to continue fighting he will have to step way down in competition

I'm guessing the UFC had no idea how far BJ had fallen. No one could predict how far his speed and reflexes had deteriorated. He was very lucky he was not hurt badly. One of the worse mis-matches I have seen in the UFC over the past 2-3 years.

Nope. Win win for the UFC. If BJ won, he's immediately a contender. Yair won and helped build his name off Penn.

BJ fought a 225 pound Machida and held his own. I don't think he's complaining so why should you?

Because i was bad in front of that missmatch, bad for bj and the mma.

I dnt see the point, it was a last fight it should have been a celebration... give him that old keith jardin of the division.

Denis siver like said someone, in a co main event or a main event of a fight night card.

The ufc is a weird organisation, it's slavery in term of "hespect" and relation with their fighters you can feel it... that's why they either leave or speak like wand or gsp.

Yair was ranked like #14 or something and had a tough time getting a decision over Alex Caceres. It's not like they signed him against Rumble or something man.

it was the tyson vs lewis of MMA, or these last fights of ali, why did u put a legend against a hungry young "pantera" like yair... why?!

Bj was just here to prove something to himself, a last "tour de piste" for his fans, his goal wasnt to be the next champion.

For god's sake just give him the last dude in the roster, someone who dnt have any tdd but just some jabs... a sloppy brawler yes!

It would have been a great fight, i dnt understand nobody in that fight
-yair you dnt win nothing and if you lose its a nightmare
-bj... wtf champ? Hope the money was good
-the ufc you lost a lot here in term of the "image of the brand",for me at least,you dnt do that to your legends i dnt see the purpose of that fight.

Even big john was telling to greg jackson to "watch him", like "throw that god damn towel you idiot!"

Rich Franklin vs Anderson: should the UFC be ashamed????

Back