The Death of BJ Penn the Legend, Leg Kick Fury Highlights courtesy of Yair

Lanx

房仕龍
Banned
Reaction score

Didn't want to do gifs, you have to hear these "snaps"

Rodriguez beasted. Give him a top 5 guy like Edgar or Swanson.

All he had to do was catch one. Fuck, im no fighter and i knew it was coming.

Why do people say "leg kick" when they just mean "kick", like you can use any other part of the body to kick?

Rodriguez beasted. Give him a top 5 guy like Edgar or Swanson.
I think Swanson is the fight to make. After Cub's last fight with DHC he really proved a lot. I think Yair is a great fight for him right now and if he can stop another undefeated hype train, he's back in title contention. If Yair wins, then give him the Edgar fight to determine the next title shot (after the Holloway/Aldo situation is worked out).

Why do people say "leg kick" when they just mean "kick", like you can use any other part of the body to kick?

Agreed. Sound like a strange way to say lowkick. But if its a term used for all types of kicks then its even more stupid.

Other than the fact that Yair toned down the spinning shit, I'm really not shocked by this outcome at all. You do realize that Penn hasn't won in 6 years and hasn't fought in more than 2 right?

Yair needs to fight two of the following

Cub, choi, or Stephens

if he can win two of them - then one of the following

Mendes or Lamas

if he can get by that test then

Edgar

if he gets through edgar then a ts. That is about a year and a half of work right there which is a good time line.

He took no damage this fight so he can get right back in to it asap.

always over-hyped only ever beat one great fighter in their prime, matt hughes

You know whats really sad? Watch BJ. He can see almost everything coming. He tries to check leg kicks, put his hands up to block head kicks, and slip punches but he can't. His reaction time and reflexes have deteriorated to a point that by the time his body gets around to doing what his mind wants it to - Yair has already landed the strike and reset for another one.

Back