Does Yair need neck tattoos?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Even heading into this fight I was saying how Yair was the most exciting guy in the lower divisions, and perhaps all of mma at the moment. Yet leading up to this fight everyone was talking about BJ's comeback and I didn't see too many people talking about how hyped they are to see Yair again.

I get that there was some BJ sentimentals who were excited about this comeback, but as soon as this bout was announced it was pretty obvious to me that he was gonna be nothing but a punching bag with ears in there.

Anyway, Yair is about as awesome and as exciting as you can ask for, and he's looked impressive in all his fights so far, yet there was more hype after Colin beat Marcus Brimmage or even after Plastic Mike faked a handshake at the weigh ins.

So what do you guys think? Needs more neck tattoos? Should start insulting his opponents? Stop being so damn respectful and humble? What does Yair need to do to satisfy your attention spans?

Yair struggled Again Bruce Leeroy in his last fight. I love watching Yair fight, but let that sink in and think about how that might affect his hype as a prospect.

We live in a now culture, People where buying the hype until the guy with neck tatts destroyed him. Now theye all back on board saying they never left Its what MMA fans do.

Yair struggled Again Bruce Leeroy in his last fight. I love watching Yair fight, but let that sink in and think about how that might affect his hype as a prospect.

I wish BJ was fighting Bruce Lerory :'(

brb going full positive balance

Yair needs to keep doing what he's doing, period

This.

He's good but I think he'll lose against stronger competition.

He does look kind of clueless when the flashy kicks don't work.

Luckily for him BJ is a grandpa and it worked.

I liked the finish tho, exciting shit.

No, what he need is a "Brown Pride" tattoo across his chest and a golden eagle tattoo around his navel.

Yair has a lot of flaws, lets not hype him up because he beat an old sandbag

And Colin got strangled by a LW gatekeeper and Plastic Mike showed a skill set that was comparable to a poor mans Chris Leben.

Cacares is a decent fighter and could just be a weird matchup, but anyway we know that's not the reason for the lack of hype because there was none going into that fight either.

rsq2izg.gif

And Colin got strangled by a LW gatekeeper and Plastic Mike showed a skill set that was comparable to a poor mans Chris Leben.

Cacares is a decent fighter and could just be a weird matchup, but anyway we know that's not the reason for the lack of hype because there was none going into that fight either.
The Conor hype has clearly been justified to at least some degree. He took his division by storm and just made the champ in the next higher division look like a chump. Yeah he lost to Nate, but when that fight was announced I said that Nate was a bad matchup and though he could beat Conor. As far as Platinum goes, that shit was a joke that has apparently gone over your head.

So what is the question? Why is Yair not hyped as much as Conor? Simple answer, he is clearly not as good.

This.

He's good but I think he'll lose against stronger competition.

He does look kind of clueless when the flashy kicks don't work.

Luckily for him BJ is a grandpa and it worked.

I liked the finish tho, exciting shit.

I was interested to see if he'd use them in the fight, which I think would have being a bit risky, and even though he didn't use them as often as he has in the past, Penn looked like he got hurt early on by two leg kicks to the body (Goldberg tm) that Pettis would have being proud of.

He's still unpredictable and catches fighters when they're backing up or have their back to the cage. I thought he fought smart, got looser with his kicks when he knew Penn was hurt. If I was to to nit pick at one thing; he get caught with his hands down that Penn connected with a perfect straight right. I'd like to see him fight Swanson next.

Even heading into this fight I was saying how Yair was the most exciting guy in the lower divisions, and perhaps all of mma at the moment. Yet leading up to this fight everyone was talking about BJ's comeback and I didn't see too many people talking about how hyped they are to see Yair again.

I get that there was some BJ sentimentals who were excited about this comeback, but as soon as this bout was announced it was pretty obvious to me that he was gonna be nothing but a punching bag with ears in there.

Anyway, Yair is about as awesome and as exciting as you can ask for, and he's looked impressive in all his fights so far, yet there was more hype after Colin beat Marcus Brimmage or even after Plastic Mike faked a handshake at the weigh ins.

So what do you guys think? Needs more neck tattoos? Should start insulting his opponents? Stop being so damn respectful and humble? What does Yair need to do to satisfy your attention spans?
Stone-Cold-What-icommonsense.png

He needs a gay chest tattoo. Also needs to come out with sun glasses and a touch of touch butt.

I was interested to see if he'd use them in the fight, which I think would have being a bit risky, and even though he didn't use them as often as he has in the past, Penn looked like he got hurt early on by two leg kicks to the body (Goldberg tm) that Pettis would have being proud of.

He's still unpredictable and catches fighters when they're backing up or have their back to the cage. I thought he fought smart, got looser with his kicks when he knew Penn was hurt. If I was to to nit pick at one thing; he get caught with his hands down that Penn connected with a perfect straight right. I'd like to see him fight Swanson next.

That would be the first Capoeira match in the UFC :D

The Conor hype has clearly been justified to at least some degree. He took his division by storm and just made the champ in the next higher division look like a chump. Yeah he lost to Nate, but when that fight was announced I said that Nate was a bad matchup and though he could beat Conor. As far as Platinum goes, that shit was a joke that has apparently gone over your head.

So what is the question? Why is Yair not hyped as much as Conor? Simple answer, he is clearly not as good.
Colin had more hype after pushing a guy at the weigh ins and Plastic Mike had more hype after faking a handshake. Neither had anything to do with fighting ability so no that's not the answer.

Yair needs to keep doing what he's doing, period

Exactly.

Some people will say he beat a fighter who had no business being in there and all the other nonsense - well, he did what was expected of him. Penn looked stunned and lost after a minute.

He doesn't need to say crazy shite or get tattooed up (Jesus) but he's at that stage where he's building a lot of momentum. I'm sure he has a big fan base with the American/Mexicans and that will grow and expand outside of that once he keeps putting on exciting fights.

Maybe he could do some of his own vlogs or have a camera crew following him around or maybe he's not bothered with all that. Once he keeps fighting the way he does win, lose or draw, people will want to watch him. That loss Choi had did him no damage - it was a good back and forth and he showed grit to stay in it till the end. A lot of fans will appreciate that and want to watch him again.

Very few people Picked Cody to win most of his fights in the UFC.. They all talked trash about his neck tattoos and said he didn't deserve a title shot.. He is only getting some respect now because you people are finally seeng he is the real deal after the manner he beat Cruz in.

Absolutely no one expected BJ to win against Yair, we all know Yair is a prospect, people have been talking about him since the Touchy Fili fight but this fight didn't do anything to make him look any better. So what are you complaining about exactly?
That he didn't get a title shot after that Bruce Leeroy fight? He has a lot of killers way ahead of him in line for the legit title thanks to Conor tying the featherweight belt up in 2016. 145 has already handed out 2 interim titles last year ffs.

Cody got his shot because he was Knocking everyone out in the first round and had Faber vouching for him, and got people wanting to see him fight Cruz win or lose, gym feud and Cruz was an active champ willing to put the belt on the line.

Last edited:
Back