BJs age , no excuse

NinjaSpider

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It might be a good excuse to why he aint winning a title but its no excuse for what we saw last night.
His age should not be that much of a factor. I know since we all live in the mma world 38 is considered granddad old but lets be real. Theres non-roiders at my gym well into their 40s in great shape . BJ looked untrained and i dont only mean "untrained for a an athlete " but just regular guy untrained. His physique looked awful and being 38 is no exuse for that

Even in the best possible shape, he wouldnt be able to beat Yair. Dude would still dwarf him.

How many people at your gym had the career of BJ Penn ?

Did any of them fight guys like GSP, Hughes, Diaz, Machida etc... ?

How many suffered and dealt as much damage as BJ Penn ?

Penn: "Drain your bank account and bet it all on me."

Yeah, how about you shut the fuck up.

It might be a good excuse to why he aint winning a title but its no excuse for what we saw last night.
His age should not be that much of a factor. I know since we all live in the mma world 38 is considered granddad old but lets be real. Theres non-roiders at my gym well into their 40s in great shape . BJ looked untrained and i dont only mean "untrained for a an athlete " but just regular guy untrained. His physique looked awful and being 38 is no exuse for that

BJ was never ripped. He looked to be in pretty good shape vs. his old self. If you want to see untrained physique at 38 I'll PM you a photo of mah belly. I haven't seen my dick without a mirror for years.

BJ has never been muscular. He's always looked soft Reality is he's 38 and that is old in high level sports. It's the age where mentally you still have it but the body is not the same He's not nearly as explosive. So being 38 is an excuse. Everyone gets old. Just look at film when he was champ. It's like 2 different fighters.

BJ was never ripped. He looked to be in pretty good shape vs. his old self. If you want to see untrained physique at 38 I'll PM you a photo of mah belly. I haven't seen my dick without a mirror for years.

I thought you were vegan. Therefore you have no dick

He was washed up 3 years ago when he fought Edgar, I don't know why people thought he was going to have this career resurgence at 38.

It's his age but also the amount of miles he racked up on his body. The second GSP fight, Diaz, Rory, Edgar 3... these were BRUTAL losses where BJ was subjected to prolonged punishment.

The BJ hate is real lol. It should be clear that his age, mileage, and inactivity has everything to do with his inability to perform at an elite level in 2017.

Athletes age. Let's see how well Yair performs at 38.

<24>

Its sort of true, look at Yoel who is nearly 40 years old, he's destroying dudes, Hendo who was 46 Brutally KO'D another brutal knockout artist in Lombard and nearly KO'd current MW champ Bisping, guys like Woodley and Lawler aren't that far off his age either, it was probably ring rust more then anything

The fight went as many expected, BJ should never have been thrown in against Yair for his first comeback fight.

Some of these new breeds are just to multi skilled for the old dogs who are a little to set in their ways.

We all age differently. B.J. looked old at the star down and looked old sitting on the stool after the fight was over. He also somehow managed to find someone who is much bigger than him to fight at 145lbs which is crazy considering this guy fought Machida ( and put on a show while doing so ) at heavyweight.

Age is definitely the overriding factor but let's face it, BJ has been grossly overrated for years now. He' sonly performed his best against middle of the road bums like Stevenson, Sanchez, Florian and Sherk.

B.J. fucked his career up with jumping around weightclasses, chasing Frankie, fighting big welterweights.

I wish that he never moved from LW after the Frankie loss, but instead found a solid camp and stuck to it.

B.J. fucked his career up with jumping around weightclasses, chasing Frankie, fighting big welterweights.

I wish that he never moved from LW after the Frankie loss, but instead found a solid camp and stuck to it.

To be fair to him he should have won Frankie 1.

My favourite thing on here is when someone posts a 30second clip of 'motivated BJ' shadowboxing in the street & 'looking in great shape'.

the time is now for Penn vs GSP 3

38 i ancient for the lower divisions. he has also had many fights and competed for almost 2 decades. he has been past it for more than 5 years now

Back