I was on the fence about Anik, but the BJ fight proved that he's absolutely horrendeus.

NationWideNinja

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
DC gets a free pass, he's a fighter first and foremost, but Anik whos fulltime job is commentating could not be more lacking in the soul department even if he tried. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but good lord does he suck the energy and excitement right out of the fights. And thats quite a tall order, sucking the excitement out of cage fighting, like thats impressive in its own right.

The first kick that rocked BJ, Anik didnt say shit for a good couple of seconds before he whispered in his monotone voice that BJ might be rocked. Yair then starts popping off, beating the shit out of BJ, bodykicks and headkicks over and over again, and our good friend Anik's response sounded like he was commentating an antique auction as opposed to an exciting mma match.

I mean the UFC gets rid of Goldie, who might have had some technical issues every once in a while, but he atleast had some passion for the sport and character in his voice. I honestly dont give two fucks that he called the Cerrone headkick a bodykick, who cares. They get rid of him, but keep pushing Barely Human Anik on us.

Last edited:
Truth talk.

everyone-wants-to-step-in-to-fight-khabib-nurmagomedov-even-bj-penn.jpg

I really don't like Anik, he really does make the fights less exciting.
For example, Wand vs Stann was a crazy fight and his commentating seemed to suck the fun out of it. I know people take issue with Rogan and Goldberg but you can't tell me them two screaming over that fight wouldn't make your blood start pumping

I mean the UFC gets rid of Goldie, who might have had some technical issues every once in a while, but he atleast had some passion for the sport and character in his voice. I honestly dont give two fucks that he called the Cerrone headkick a bodykick, who cares. They get rid of him, but keep pushing Barely Human Anik on us.

snoop.gif

Anik's work during this card made me even more disappointed about Goldie.

i just don't get how you can be that poor when that's all your job is. Most of us watch it for a few hours a week and we'd show up that nerd with ease.

The low point of the commentary was DC taking 20 seconds to answer Anik when Anik asked if McGree was in trouble on the ground

DC gets a free pass, he's a fighter first and foremost, but Anik whos fulltime job is commentating could not be more lacking in the soul department even if he tried. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but good lord does he suck the energy and excitement right out of the fights. And I mean thats a tall order, sucking the excitement out of cage fighting, like thats impressive in its own right.

The first kick that rocked BJ, Anik didnt say shit for a good couple of seconds before he whispered in his monotone voice that BJ might be rocked. Yair then starts popping off, beating the shit out of BJ, bodykicks and headkicks over and over again, and our good friend Anik's response sounded like he was commentating an antique auction as opposed to an exciting mma match.

Keep in mind that electric can openers were perfected just 50 years ago. These things take time.

Talk about relevant, just watched this video out of the blue for the first time. From 5:17. Yeah it's lame, cringey, funny, whatever.....but none of that matters because that's the sort of person you want. He's so fucken excited and that's exactly how it should be!

i just don't get how you can be that poor when that's all your job is. Most of us watch it for a few hours a week and we'd show up that nerd with ease.

The low point of the commentary was DC taking 20 seconds to answer Anik when Anik asked if McGree was in trouble on the ground

He simply doesnt have any talent for the job, not the voice, not the presence, not the passion, no power in his voice, no distinguishing personality, no spontaneity.

He would be better suited commentating something like curling or langlaufing.

I blows my mind that they fired Goldie, but kept Anik.

It blows my fucking mind to pieces.

I really don't like Anik, he really does make the fights less exciting.
For example, Wand vs Stann was a crazy fight and his commentating seemed to suck the fun out of it. I know people take issue with Rogan and Goldberg but you can't tell me them two screaming over that fight wouldn't make your blood start pumping
This is the exact example I use as to why anik is bad for the UFC. Imagine Rogan and Goldie calling that fight, would have been even more bananas.

I've seen people here say that Anik is good at filling space in the broadcasts....but there were plenty of times where there was long moments of silence only for it to be broken by something completely irrelevant or unnecessary.

The Lauzon fight was really bad for that.

I thought I heard the sadness in his voice from a legend like B.J. going out the way he did.

DC gets a free pass, he's a fighter first and foremost, but Anik whos fulltime job is commentating could not be more lacking in the soul department even if he tried. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but good lord does he suck the energy and excitement right out of the fights. And I mean thats a tall order, sucking the excitement out of cage fighting, like thats impressive in its own right.

I wholeheartedly agree TS.

I agree with everything you said TS.

Anik is a robotic cuck.

i could care less, i'm just here to watch fights and that's it.

Talk about relevant, just watched this video out of the blue for the first time. From 5:17. Yeah it's lame, cringey, funny, whatever.....but none of that matters because that's the sort of person you want. He's so fucken excited and that's exactly how it should be!

Exactly. He's a crazy goofball that was having fun and went nuts when shit went down during a fight, making it a hell lot more exciting. Gonna miss that guy.

I blows my mind that they fired Goldie, but kept Anik.

It blows my fucking mind to pieces.

The logic really escapes me. These WME dudes must be on some new high end drugs thats fucking with their brains.

I always used to take the piss out of Mike Goldberg... because he was objectively horrible. I miss him though, at least he seemed like he was having fun.

Back