Connor can never be the GOAT P4P if he loses to nobodies.

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Joe Rogan and Eddie Bravo speculating that Connor might be pound for pound GOAT in MMA? He lost to:Artemij Sitenkov (choked out), Joseph Duffy (choked out) and Nate Diaz (choked again).

Which one of these were serious titel contenders? How the fuck can you be allowed to lose to nobodies (relatively speaking) and still be concidered in the running for GOAT?

First two happened a long time ago, no longer relevant. Nate Diaz is a somebody and McG won the rematch. Go home nooblet.

Jose Aldo lost to some random guy in Jungle fights whose name I forgot.

Fedor lost to Kohsaka.

GSP got destroyed on the playground by no name French Canadian bullies.

None of them are UFC caliber fighters.

First two happened a long time ago, no longer relevant. Nate Diaz is a somebody and McG won the rematch. Go home nooblet.

This is Nate Diaz record: Wins 19
Losses 11. What a top fighter? I think he will be UFC champ one day! Please..

Nate was a title contender, he literally contended for the title.

Joe Rogan and Eddie Bravo speculating that Connor might be pound for pound GOAT in MMA? He lost to:Artemij Sitenkov (choked out), Joseph Duffy (choked out) and Nate Diaz (choked again).

Which one of these were serious titel contenders? How the fuck can you be allowed to lose to nobodies (relatively speaking) and still be concidered in the running for GOAT?
If you don't understand the quality of Nate Diaz, go back and educate yourself

GOATs need streaks.

He is on a streak of 2 wins.

The early loses mean next to nothing but getting finished in what appears to be his prime seriously hammered any potential GOAT claim.

But if he puts together another say 6 straight wins against real opposition he could get himself into the conversation.

Look at BJ Penn, a FW who destroyed a dominant WW champ, arguably beat the undisputed WW goat (also a real potential GOAT) but he never gets mentioned in the GOAT talk because he has loses in his prime.

Nate was a title contender, he literally contended for the title.

He posts a record of 19 wins 11 losses. And Connor struggled against him both fights, lost one of them. He never exhibited dominance that a GOAT p4p would.

GOATs need streaks.

He is on a streak of 2 wins.

The early loses mean next to nothing but getting finished in what appears to be his prime seriously hammered any potential GOAT claim.

But if he puts together another say 6 straight wins against real opposition he could get himself into the conversation.

Sure, but right now? Not a fucking chance.

We all know that Ryo Chonan is the true P4P GOAT.

He posts a record of 19 wins 11 losses. And Connor struggled against him both fights, lost one of them. He never exhibited dominance that a GOAT p4p would.
I never said Conor was a GOAT contender; I said Nate was a title contender.

tumblr_n6iqh4JFku1show0mo1_500.gif

To be P4P GOAT you have to move up and actually do something. I'm a fan of Conor but he hasn't done this. He started at LW, dropped to FW, came back to his natural weight, and beat a LW at WW.

BJ Penn won the LW belt and the WW belt. If a FW belt existed he would have won that too. Anderson beat former champions at WW, MW, and LHW. If he was given immediate title shots, there were chances to hold the MW, LHW and HW belt. Fedor was a overblown LHW pulling off a streak at HW.

Conor's not in the same ball park yet in terms of achievements. You have to defend the belt. The best guy in the division may not be your toughest fight, as Conor found out.

In general, it's stupid to proclaim someone as GOAT when their career is nowhere near to its end. He could lose his next 5 fights FFS. If he maintains his UFC win rate for the next few years, then he can be considered.

Last edited:
And I never said Nate wasn't a titel contender before facing Mcgreggor. I said he was never a serious one.
A serious contender is someone who has a good chance of getting a title shot. Nate actually got one, against someone who was an insanely bad match up for him.

Kids, kids....calm down.

Member when Anderson would fight, and Dana White and the crew would say "best to ever practice the sport", "best ever" without end? Then Jones? They will always need a current guy who they can say "this one is the best ever", because the event must always be at its peak.

This GOAT-picking is not based on a rational assessment of the sport. And you cannot have an obvious GOAT somewhere in the distant past: people need the excitement of watching the best each time.

And no, Conor is not yet at the level that the top 3 or 5 best fighters have accomplished. He never even defended his titles once!

Back