When's the next significant fight card?

hedidhisownstunts

EJACULATE LIFE
Banned
Reaction score
Another overall weak event. Not much on the horizon either. Is this a result of all the stacked cards in 2016 and injuries? The Garbrandt vs Cruz fight was excellent, but it seems like ufc has hit a bit of a rut with being able to deliver the level of quality I've become accustomed to. Forums seem quieter as well. When's the next important fight?

Another overall weak event. Not much on the horizon either. Is this a result of all the stacked cards in 2016 and injuries? The Garbrandt vs Cruz fight was excellent, but it seems like ufc has hit a bit of a rut with being able to deliver the level of quality I've become accustomed to. Forums seem quieter as well. When's the next important fight?
Queen Holly gets a new crown

Queen Holly gets a new crown
Yea the creation of a division for a fighter who now apparently can't make the weight so we have this random match-up all of a sudden for a title in a weight class where no one presently competes. Terrible booking and storyline.

Woodley vs. Wonderboy 2 is a bit uneventful, but significant. They really need to figure something out for DJ.

Cody and TJ should be sick, when it happens. And of course, Conor should be back before too long. Maybe they will work something out with GSP as well. Oh, and Bisping should be getting Romero soon enough. Rockhold should be back soon. Ferguson and Khabib sounds meaty as well.

Other than that, nothing really eventful, but that's plenty for me. Cards are looking very weak as a whole, though.

Errrrrr UFC 209?

220px-UFC_209-_Woodley_vs._Thompson_2.jpg

14547630_1630587807242449_7897391009808515072_n.jpg

OvereemHunt001Dream5.jpg

todd-duffee.jpg

Yea the creation of a division for a fighter who now apparently can't make the weight so we have this random match-up all of a sudden for a title in a weight class where no one presently competes. Terrible booking and storyline.

Holly can't make 135 either, she's just getting older, she hasn't looked in tip top shape her last two fights, but she still makes it look good
BBsWKND.gif

This is Holly at 142 tho,
8WUVJn3.jpg

hopefully she does better

Conor is off for like 10 months.

Next card has WW Cerrone, Ngannou in his first real test, TUF 24 prospects Shelton and Pantoja and I'm keen for Pena.

Next after that has Alexa Grasso and the Korean Fkn Zombie.

What's not to like?

Next card has WW Cerrone, Ngannou in his first real test, TUF 24 prospects Shelton and Pantoja and I'm keen for Pena.

Next after that has Alexa Grasso and the Korean Fkn Zombie.

What's not to like?
I am looking forward to the Pena and khabib fights. Didn't see cerrone and ngannou in decent scraps on the undercard. That's not a bad little card at all. There are a few other smaller time fights im interested in on a few of these cards, but there's no major blockbuster fights which I'm criticizing mainly cause there are important fighters on many of these cards but they're just not matched in extremely compelling bouts. Like jacare vs bosche, not the best use of jacare, cerrone vs masvidal, not bad but no way is this best use of cerrone, and let's be honest, arlovski is not likely to be competitive with ngannou. I'm concerned about the match making.

I am looking forward to the Pena and khabib fights. Didn't see cerrone and ngannou in decent scraps on the undercard. That's not a bad little card at all. There are a few other smaller time fights im interested in on a few of these cards, but there's no major blockbuster fights which I'm criticizing mainly cause there are important fighters on many of these cards but they're just not matched in extremely compelling bouts. Like jacare vs bosche, not the best use of jacare, cerrone vs masvidal, not bad but no way is this best use of cerrone, and let's be honest, arlovski is not likely to be competitive with ngannou. I'm concerned about the match making.

Agree on all counts there, but I'll definitely have the full card recorded with more than a few fights I'm keen to scope out.

I don't even remember who won overwem vs hunt 1 and don't care enough to look it up, if that gives you any indication of how unimportant that match is to me.

Bellator 172: Fedor vs Mitrione (Feb 18)
UFC 209: Ferguson vs Khabib (March 4)

Everything else is virtually ignorable.

Back