Much respect to guys like Penn, Silva and Fedor who don´t give a f*** about record and love fighting

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Much respect for all these champions. Guys like Silva, Fedor, Hendo, Big Nog, Penn, that keep on fighting, no matter how old they get.

The idea of challenging oneself against the best men, that´s what drove these guys to do what they have done all their lives. And they were the best.

That´s what made Penn step into the octagon once again last night.

And who could blame him? Sometimes you just can´t get enough of sth you love that much.

Yeah, this is a competition, it´s about winning or losing. But for these guys it´s more than just that so they don´t care about a fucking number in their fight record, they care about that ultimate adreline. It´s about that ultimate love for fighting, that we all here in this forum probably have in a way or another, even if we´re not fighters.

They are tough enough not to care about a loss!!!

And their legacy is already written. Nothing that happens now will erase that. So It doesn´t matter if Silva gets KOed by Brunson next month, for example... Same goes for all these fighters. Or all other legends of other sports like Michael Jordan and Pelé. Their legacy stays intact. They will be legends forever.

Pele_chapeu_alta.gif

aaea09745fdf7bd80a4a569344ca2207.gif

After his 22nd surgery, yeah.

They aren't fighting for free. I'd say most of these guys want to keep the paychecks coming in more than they care about challenging themselves.

They aren't fighting for free. I'd say most of these guys want to keep the paychecks coming in more than they care about challenging themselves.
All these guys have a lot of money, they don´t need to be fighting anymore. They do it because they love it. They´re not millionaries, but they´re all doing very well in terms of money.

I hope BJ keeps fighting. I like these type of fights. They're oddly satisfying. What if he goes to Rizin and fights Gabi Garcia?

Some people think fighting way past where it's healthy is badass or cool.
I'm of the opinion that those people can go fuck yourselves.

You got permanent brain damage, but at least some drunk assholes got their Saturday night entertainment.

Peace.

As a huge fan of BJ Penn II give him all the respect in the world, but it was a disappointing performance last night. He never really connected or got anything off apart from one half decent punch from what I remember.

A combination of the sport evolving and old vs young. Fighting is a young man/woman's sport. I have no idea why BJ even came back to fight someone like Rodriguez and it played out like I thought it would.

I don't want to or need to see BJ fight again. Enjoy the beaches of Hilo BJ Penn and let us all remember you how you were...

dd58572775577b5c448083b70f562043.jpg

giphy.gif

All these guys have a lot of money, they don´t need to be fighting anymore. They do it because they love it. They´re not millionaries, but they´re all doing very well in terms of money.
Someone who's not a millionaire wanting to continue making money past age 35 is not necessarily because they love it. They could open gyms or coach or something to make money if they had to, but let's be honest, the life of a big name fighter where you work for 8 weeks then take a few months of vacation with your pile of cash while having fans is much better than going into the gym every day to teach. If I could work only 8 weeks at a time and have a pretty luxurious life, I sure as well wouldn't give that up for as long as possible either.

Respect TS.

Well said.

Someone who's not a millionaire wanting to continue making money past age 35 is not necessarily because they love it. They could open gyms or coach or something to make money if they had to, but let's be honest, the life of a big name fighter where you work for 8 weeks then take a few months of vacation with your pile of cash while having fans is much better than going into the gym every day to teach. If I could work only 8 weeks at a time and have a pretty luxurious life, I sure as well wouldn't give that up for as long as possible either.
CI3Twx0WwAEAW6A.jpg

giphy.gif

GSP has a record of 25-2 right now in his early 30's. If he kept fighting to 41, would anyone doubt that his losses would creep to double digits?

TBH you can remove at least 5 years of fights from their records. No one really cares about the loses anyways

Historically wins don't even count if you beat an old man

Like when Kevin McBride ko'd Mike Tyson. Tyson was so old that the win didn't even count, everyone just ignored it

I think i speak for a lot of us when i say that we don't care about the legacy,but the fighter. I don't care if Saku losses but i do care if the guy eats a shit load of punches and brain damage in that loss.

Much respect for all these champions. Guys like Silva, Fedor, Hendo, Big Nog, Penn, that keep on fighting, no matter how old they get.

Bit harsh of you to leave out Artem Lobov from this list.

Back