Reason why BJ Penn lost

NGSouthpaw

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
1. Ring-rust
2. Ring-rust
3. You can call me mystic ring-rust becuz i predict tiz ring-rust threadz!

he is old and needs to retire, rusty or not he isnt ever winning again.

You can't take 2 and a half years off, retire, and come back and fight a top prospect.

I can understand not wanting to leave on that third Edgar fight, but I think he should have swallowed his pride and discreetly asked for a more favourable match up.

I know they trained together quite a lot, but Gray Maynard would've have been a better style matchup and more winnable, plus Gray still has a name and was a former title contender.

So if he had fought Nam Phan tonight and Cole Miller in 2 weeks to get rid of that ring rust, he would have beaten Yair ? <mma4>

He got kicked in the face

because he is not an athlete anymore. He looks like he hasn't sprinted in three years LOL

BJ is a shot fighter. We all knew that definitively after that third Edgar fight.

He's 1-6-1 in his last 8. It's over.

I bet he can't even jump out of a pool anymore.

You can't take 2 and a half years off, retire, and come back and fight a top prospect.

I can understand not wanting to leave on that third Edgar fight, but I think he should have swallowed his pride and discreetly asked for a more favourable match up.

I know they trained together quite a lot, but Gray Maynard would've have been a better style matchup and more winnable, plus Gray still has a name and was a former title contender.

BJ didnt wanna lose to a can

I'm pretty sure thats why he wanted a top guy

BJ didnt wanna lose to a can

I'm pretty sure thats why he wanted a top guy

I think you're right.

It would look pathetic coming back and losing to an unranked guy, but with Yair, you have a ready made excuse. And who knows, if you catch the young guy cold, you're pretty much guaranteed a title fight in today's climate.

Back