The main event looked like early UFC.

Ice That Jaw

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
It was clearly a boxer vs kickboxer matchup and Penn's lazy boxing style got annilated. BJ just sat there waiting for punching exchanges to try and counter and they never came. What came at him instead was every single kick in the book. Lol

Yair could have won with his hands tied behind his back. It was absolutely the least effective boxing display Ive seen in recent years. I feel bad for Penn. He officially knows hes done now.

Exactly. What in the world made him think boxing would be effective here?

On a sidenote, I really don't remember seeing that many kicks in a MMA fight. A tiny little voice was screaming in my head "this is not right, someone should be taken down"

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I'm not convinced BJ didn't do it for the money. Yeah, I know, we all look at that dumb website that posts people's net worth, but I have a habit of questioning the sources of all of my information. Parents are loaded, etc. But do they just toss him 30 mil while they are alive? Do you think Trump tossed his kids 30 mil? We have no idea how BJ lives. Maybe he has a huge gambling problem, lost lots of money in real estate deals, who the hell knows?

If BJ ever fights again, I'll be convinced it was for the money.

It was absolutely the least effective boxing display Ive seen in recent years. I feel bad for Penn. He officially knows hes done now.

Done. I beg to differ. After that comment from you, I think we should fight out who has the least effective boxing display by immediately scheduling BJ vs Eddie Alvarez. Here's hoping the same Eddie that showed up to the Conor fight shows up for the Penn fight.

Back