Diego Sanchez has outlasted BJ Penn. Isn't that some s--t?

G

Guestx

Diego Sanchez, the supposedly shot fighter (according to many, for many years) is 2-1 in his last three and most recently grabbed wins from Jim Miller and Marcin Held.

BJ Penn on the other hand, the Prodigy, the legend, who absolutely destroyed Sanchez in '09, hasn't won a fight in over six years.

Isn't that some fucking shit? I'm not sure I can wrap my head around it.

It's weird how fighters can be at the top of their division and then just fall off a cliff. We also saw it with guys like Fedor and Tyson Griffin. And it sadly looks like we MIGHT be witnessing a similar decline in Anthony Pettis.

BJ is 38, Diego is 35. Those are very critical numbers.

Plus BJ has been fighting much better fighters for a much longer time.

I dont think Sanchez will be fighting when he is 38 and i definitely dont think he will know who he is or how to wipe his ass when hes 55.

BJ's been fighting since 1953. Not surprising at all.

Because he's one of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die

Sanchez is just pure animal, i remember thinking years ago after the Hathaway fight that Diego was close to retirement, then he went and had about 50 more wars. What a beast.

That being said, I'd rather have BJ's career than Diego's, regardless of ending.

Bj been fighting the elite

Diego would get handled equally as bad as Penn did vs the likes of Edgar and Yair.

Sure but Sanchez has taken FAR more damage.
Well Diego makes sacrifices and puts in the work - Penn retires, still runs his own camps and really seems to have half half assed it since 2010 in terms or putting in the work and sacrifices of a top fighter.

diego started way after bj

diego is a skateboard now

Sure but Sanchez has taken FAR more damage.

Sure but he also didn't take care of himself. Routinely got fat as shit and got drunk a shit ton. Plus he did start taking an absolute shitload of damage later in his career. Fitch, Nick, Rory, GSP all put fucking horrific beatdowns on him

Sanchez is just pure animal, i remember thinking years ago after the Hathaway fight that Diego was close to retirement, then he went and had about 50 more wars. What a beast.

I know, right? There have been so many times I was just like, "Okay, that's it, Sanchez is just about done" and then he finds a way to have a resurgence and keep going. He's kind of amazing like that.

BJ fights the better guys. Diego was murked by Lauzon

I know, right? There have been so many times I was just like, "Okay, that's it, Sanchez is just about done" and then he finds a way to have a resurgence and keep going. He's kind of amazing like that.

It'll be a sad day when he does finally retire, not many fighters are guaranteed fireworks like Sanchez is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back