At what exact moment did you 100% know the Prodigy was doomed?

notsojollyroger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The Penn fan in me wanted to dismiss the two black holes that passed for Penn’s eyes on weigh-in day. I chalked it up to age and maybe bad lighting. I also forgave his less-than-spectacular muscle tone on the scale. “Penn never had GSP muscles,” I told myself. “Abs don’t mean shit when fighting, anyway.”

My comeback dreams for Penn didn’t completely implode until the actual Octagon stare down. Standing face-to-face with Yair, Penn looked like a cross between Golem and a Scottish-fold kitten.

The podium is yours…

Last edited:
My hope was alive until round 2... I felt really dumb afterwards tho

Honestly once he started moving and his footwork was plodding and slow at that point I knew Yair was in for a highlight night.

Seconds in when Yair landed that first body kick, and Penn took half a step back.

When he clinched with Yair and couldn't get him down, he was a lot slower and just had nothing for Yair. Hopefully Andy and Fedor hold it down for the OG'S!

As he was walking out throwing punches at the camera like it was 2005

When he got swept off his feet by the low kick

Around the first GSP fight. Always has been overrated due to his BJJ, I feel. Fun fights he's had, but not even close to the moniker he's adopted.

When he signed to fight. Regardless of his past accomplishments, current BJ would struggle on the regional circuit.

Yair is a good fighter, but he's also sloppy and will lose to the first proficient wrestler he faces, he is however, leagues ahead of BJ.

About 60 seconds in. He showed no ability whatsoever to deal with the leg kicks and a bit later when he landed a crisp shot, Yair didn't even notice. Game over.

When he got outclassed on the feet clinched but was not even close to being close for a takedown or whatevr he wanted to do.
Least now kenny florian is sold on yair

Back