if you were Bj's corner....

filthynumber1

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
would you have stopped that fight after round 1?
100% i would have. unnecessary beating came in round 2. no way in hell bj stood a chance

It's a travesty they let him get off the stool for round 2.

My heart didn't want to accept that this would happen, but it was the likely outcome.

Probably.

But I'm not his corner. I don't know BJ well enough. Maybe he wanted one more chance

He was done at the end of round 1, I had a feeling BJ was gonna give up between rounds.

Jackson and Parillo are experienced enough to see Penn was glassy eyed. He could've avoided unnecessary damage in the second round.

Oh well, he's still got that incredible chin at least.

I'll say it again: BJ needed the reality check. All other reality checks have failed to prevent him to come back. Even the HOF induction. If BJ is never to come back, Greg did him a favor by sending him get finished in front of everyone.

BJ will never do that to his wife and kids again. Ever. Greg knows it and is ready to take the blame to keep BJ away.

It's a travesty they let him get off the stool from his locker room to head towards the octagon.

CBshWGrUkAAF6W-.jpg

Probably.

But I'm not his corner. I don't know BJ well enough. Maybe he wanted one more chance
ya im curious to know what was discussed if anything along those lines between rounds. im sure unless stevie wonder was he's cornerman, it had to have been at least brought up?

ya im curious to know what was discussed if anything along those lines between rounds. im sure unless stevie wonder was he's cornerman, it had to have been at least brought up?
They had to know round one was a 10-8 and that BJ wasn't coming back.

Maybe there was something like "show me something in the first minute or it's over"

I don't think most at that weight would have looked better. Yair is coming into his own and only the top 2 guys could give him a run. BJ could still win fights for sure but not at the top.

would you have stopped that fight after round 1?
100% i would have. unnecessary beating came in round 2. no way in hell bj stood a chance

No, sissy. I wouldve said, bj, jesus fucking christ, catch a kick, any kick, and drive forward.

Nah.. He is a fighter at heart. Let him go out his way.

Its not like he is gonna die.

Bj actually connected a few times, and in mma ANYTHING can happen.... That being said, he should of never fought, and stayed retired the first time. Had to go back and watch some of his older fights to make me no so sad after watching another beatdown.

but is taking unnecessary punishment in a fight you clearly cant win necessary?

Yeah but its Bj penn. He hits like a truck. Almost conor mcgregor power. More crazy things have happend in MMA then Bj landing a ko shot after being beat up in round 1

whenever yair switched to southpaw it was clear as day he was setting up heavy left kicks, BJ and his team should have picked up on that way sooner and capitalized.

Back