How Far Can Yair Go?

manapua

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What does he need to improve on? Who would you guys like to see him fight next? I'm thinking maybe his cardio since he fights at such a high pace and I'd like to see a fight against maybe Ricardo lamas or jeremy stephens.

As far as Pettis. He has the exact skill set as him. Looping overhands, newbie wrestling and insane Taekwondo.

Too early to tell, feed him to a contender. I suppose he will call out Sean Sherk next though.

Until he faces the first wrestler or someone with good striking. He's sloppy and even slow as fuck BJ clipped him today.

Until he faces the first wrestler or someone with good striking. He's sloppy and even slow as fuck BJ clipped him today.
So salty can't even give yair props!

This fight didn't tell us anything except that he can beat up an old, slow sitting duck.

This would have happened with any of the top 10 or young fast fighters in the 145 - they would have lit BJ up just the same.

I don't ever see him as champ but top 5 isn't a stretch

Kind of hard to tell. We need him to fight some better competition.

I'm not sold on this guy whatsoever, to be honest. Yeah, he destroyed washed up BJ, but it's not like he did anything that amazing. Just threw flashy kicks at a static guy who couldn't even react to them. I feel every guy in the top 10 other than Oliveira, maybe Bermudez, would absolutely clown him.

I don't know why people insist so many fighters can't ever improve in any way and have no chance at ever becoming champion. We live in a reality where Michael Fucking Bisping, going on 40 goddamn years old, can beat one of the MMA GOATs in Anderson Silva, knock out Luke Rockhold to become the UFC middleweight champion, and then go on to successfully defend his title. You have to be utterly delusional and bitter if you don't think someone as young, athletically gifted, and crafty as Yair can become champion one day sometime in the future.

Back