Is BJ that washed up or Yair that good?

• Thread starter Deleted member 501827
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 501827

I say its both. BJ looked physically good although still not quite as good as he used to and looked better than his fight with Edgar but hes still a shell of his former self. Just looked slow and weak and out of rhythm. But also looked shocked and befuddled at Yairs style. BJ has never fought anyone like Yair before.

They never shouldve thrown BJ back in with a killer like this so soon but I guess they wanted to use BJ as a chance to promote Yair. BJ shouldve been in there with someone like Siver and slowly built up if he really wants to come back for a run.

I saw some glimmers of hope for BJ as far as not having to retire but he needs tune up fights. Having 2 years between fights and fighting some young killer who is probably the most dynamic guy in the ufc right now, you just cant do that man. Gotta be more smart.

Would prime BJ have still gotten rekt like that? or would he beat Yair?

BJ is washed up.

He stood four feet away from Yair and let him tee off on him. He couldn't close the distance.

Those kicks require distance and a younger fighter will close down that distance.

Both, but I definitely think that fight showed how declined BJ looked from his former self

He didn't look like himself anymore thats for sure.

A little from column A, a little from column B.

Especially in the lighter weights. It's a young mans game. Pass that 32 age threshold(add in the wars at that age) and it catches up to you.

Bit of both but mostly Penn being old and slow.

He was a sitting duck in there.

Time for Yair to fight a live body (top 10). Stephens would be good and if he can get past that Edgar or Lamas.

I say its both. BJ looked physically good although still not quite as good as he used to and looked better than his fight with Edgar but hes still a shell of his former self. Just looked slow and weak and out of rhythm. But also looked shocked and befuddled at Yairs style. BJ has never fought anyone like Yair before.

They never shouldve thrown BJ back in with a killer like this so soon but I guess they wanted to use BJ as a chance to promote Yair. BJ shouldve been in there with someone like Siver and slowly built up if he really wants to come back for a run.

I saw some glimmers of hope for BJ as far as not having to retire but he needs tune up fights. Having 2 years between fights and fighting some young killer who is probably the most dynamic guy in the ufc right now, you just cant do that man. Gotta be more smart.

Would prime BJ have still gotten rekt like that? or would he beat Yair?
Yair is that good. BJ could have beat Siver. Yair looked phenomenal. Also his fight IQ is only growing. But hey BJ's chin still held up. He may have the best chin of all time.

BJ hasnt won a fight in 7 years. 7 years

From what I've seen, Yair is a poor man's Pettis

Yair is that good. BJ could have beat Siver. Yair looked phenomenal. Also his fight IQ is only growing. But hey BJ's chin still held up. He may have the best chin of all time.

Yeah would still like to see Penn vs Siver honestly

BJ is washed up.

He stood four feet away from Yair and let him tee off on him. He couldn't close the distance.

Those kicks require distance and a younger fighter will close down that distance.
BJ isn't washed but he shouldn't be fighting the #1 prospect either. The Siver fight made much more sense.

BJ should have rematched Sean Sherk or Jens Pulver instead.

Yeah would still like to see Penn vs Siver honestly
It's not like BJ was tippy toeing but Yair is the best prospect at FW. He needs to get a shot soon. Like Conor as he grows he will not be able to make FW as he ages. And he can have much more success at FW...LW is the most stacked division IMO of all time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back