Why would any decent person accept a fight with BJ Penn?

sgtpepper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
BJ Penn is physically past his prime, taken way too many shots in his career and clearly, clearly looking at his last fights is not the same fighter. He's essentially an old man.

So why would anyone with any sort of deceny or honour take the fight with BJ Penn? Unless Yair is willing to admit that he doesn't give a single fk about ethics and just wants to make the money (I'd respect him more if he just admitted he is a terrible human being).

I mean I would assume if you're truley a warrior, a fighter who really wants to fight the best... you wouldn't accept this fight against BJ Penn.

I'm getting way too emotional about this loss aren't I?

Because he is a fighter and Bj showed up.

What honor is there in not giving Bj the fight he wants?

Did you hear his post fight speech? He's not picking his fights, he is showing up and making bank.

BJ Penn is physically past his prime, taken way too many shots in his career and clearly, clearly looking at his last fights is not the same fighter. He's essentially an old man.

So why would anyone with any sort of deceny or honour take the fight with BJ Penn? Unless Yair is willing to admit that he doesn't give a single fk about ethics and just wants to make the money (I'd respect him more if he just admitted he is a terrible human being).

I mean I would assume if you're truley a warrior, a fighter who really wants to fight the best... you wouldn't accept this fight against BJ Penn.

He has one win in eight years, maybe he isn't this magical fighter he was hyped up to be.

Well in the conext of warriors wouldnt it actually be more disrespectful to BJ to say you dont want to fight him because you think it would be too easy of a fight? I know BJ would take more offense to that than getting his ass kicked.

"real warriors" are dumb. do it for fame and money. if you do it to be a warrior, you're fucked in the head and need to check your priorities. fighting gives you damage in the brain so the very least you do for yourself is shoot for maximum profit and retire early. If Yair is exploiting a delusional old guy, it's not his fault. It's BJ's fault for being a "real warrior".

To get a W vs. legend on their resume + easy payday.

Nope, you're just fine, keep going. Grieving is a process, you have to go through all the necessary stages to reach true enlightenment.

I would let Bj Penn knock me out so he could retire with a win.

To make a name for himself like Big Foot did with Travis Browne.

better question why the fuck didnt BJ retire already?

Back