Upside Down Hawaiian Flag BJ's Walkout

Wormwood

Rest in Peace BWR
@Black
Reaction score
Interesting he came out to an upside down Hawaiian flag... Does he always walk out to an upside down flag and I just noticed it this time?

I would imagine he's one of those Hawaii natives that wants independence and yells at tourists.

Just some crap Hawaiians are doing now. Im from Hawaii and saw it a number of times that last time I went back to visit family

Flying your flag upside down signifies distress, usually a request for help.

BJ knew what was up.

Maybe Hawaiian taxes took his trust fund? Which is why he is fighting when he shouldn't be? The upside down flag is a protest?

hawaiianflag.jpg

How the fuck can they all get this wrong?

Hawaiians that are pro sovereignty fly the flag upside down as a sign of defiance.

Just some crap Hawaiians are doing now. Im from Hawaii and saw it a number of times that last time I went back to visit family

Not surprised you no longer live here when you make statements like this. I'm sure you're tired of all the Native Americans on the mainland too.

Hawaiians that are pro sovereignty fly the flag upside down as a sign of defiance.

Hawaii gets more than 3x the dollars from the Fed for each dollar they pay in. If they become a sovereign nation, how will they survive? Do they go back to a pre-industrialized society?

Hawaii gets more than 3x the dollars from the Fed for each dollar they pay in. If they become a sovereign nation, how will they survive? Do they go back to a pre-industrialized society?

I do not know what would happen. That topic, like many with Hawaiians is very divided and likely the main reason Hawaiians have not gained a lot of federal benefits like the Native Americans despite American acknowledging the overthrow of the Hawaiian Kingdom was illegal. Too many groups have their own agendas. It's sad.

The result of the fight should be changed to a no-contest, clearly raising the flag like that affected BJ to the point he couldn't compete correctly.

I do not know what would happen. That topic, like many with Hawaiians is very divided and likely the main reason Hawaiians have not gained a lot of federal benefits like the Native Americans despite American acknowledging the overthrow of the Hawaiian Kingdom was illegal. Too many groups have their own agendas. It's sad.

Hawaiians should thank their lucky stars they haven't had the benefits from the US Gov't that the Native Americans have had. Setting aside the Indian lands that have gaming bringing in the cash, most other Native Americans live in squalor, far from their native lands.

'Hawaiians'...LOL. Fact is there has been so much immigration and interbreeding from Asia that most people who claim Hawaiian ancestry are probably like 5% at the most. In Hawaii it's basically you are a white guy or a 'native Hawaiian', even if you're some Chinese/Phillipino mulatto. I mean BJ is half white, half Korean and he goes around talking about being 'Hawaiian', dude is as much as an invader as any Haole. You guys have seemingly invented your own history over there, if we were to actually count the number of true blood Hawaiians on the islands it would number in the 1000s, maybe even less.

Also LOL at the illegal invasion, because Kamehameha's conquering of the islands was totally legal, SMH. Pro independence type are living in a fantasy world, without tourists from the mainland, military bases and federal investment, Hawaii would be a hole, go look at the Caribbean if you need some examples of what I'm talking about. Plenty of 'tropical paradises' there.

I disagree with what you claim to be "fact." While there are much less pure Hawaiians than when the Hawaiian Kingdom was overthrown, to say that most Hawaiians are only 5% Hawaiian blood is false. A fact is that there is only one federally funded program for Native Hawaiian called Hawaiian Homelands. This program requires individuals to have at least 50% Hawaiian blood to even qualify for land, yet there is still an excess of a 20 year waiting list.

Nowhere did I state that I was in support of sovereignty but yet you made the statement, "You guys...". All I did was post answers to questions in which others asked. Us guys did not make up our history and despite blood amount, I do not think it is right for you to tell someone they cannot be proud of their ancestry or culture.

You can survive off surfing and mai tais. Oh, and tourism.

Back