So now Lauzon was the first guy to stop Diego?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's what Anik just said. Funny since BJ is actually headlining this card.

After watching that skateboard vid by Diego, he should retire......

Someone doesn't know the difference between doctor stoppage and a TKO or KO

Technically BJ was the first to stop him but like with lytle they sort of don't bring it up as Diego could of kept fighting. It just wasn't safe to.

Technically BJ was the first to stop him but like with lytle they sort of don't bring it up as Diego could of kept fighting. It just wasn't safe to.

Chris Lytle reference?

It's hard to count a cut stoppage as a true stoppage when Diego wasn't even dropped, or visibly dazed and in a compromised position. He basically got hit with the kick, clinched, and ate a few uppercuts, before the ref called time and had the doctor check it out. He wasn't even wobbled or anything.

Minotauro and TK stopped Fedor with strikes too, right?
The Minotauro Fedor fight ended with an accidental headbutt, and everyone knew TK lucked out.

In the case of BJ vs Diego, it was a one sided beating for 4 and a half rounds until one guy was no longer fit to continue. He stopped him with blunt force trauma, you can call it what you want.

Chris Lytle reference?
He wasn't stopped by strikes but 2 cuts wasn't he?

It's hard to count a cut stoppage as a true stoppage when Diego wasn't even dropped, or visibly dazed and in a compromised position. He basically got hit with the kick, clinched, and ate a few uppercuts, before the ref called time and had the doctor check it out. He wasn't even wobbled or anything.
Yeap, I agree it doesn't take the W from penn away but it isn't a fight where u can say he stopped Diego with strikes.

He just cut him, the first minute of that fight though.... o my god I've watched it 100+ times.

>counting cut stoppages

scust.png

He wasn't stopped by strikes but 2 cuts wasn't he?

Yeap, I agree it doesn't take the W from penn away but it isn't a fight where u can say he stopped Diego with strikes.

He just cut him, the first minute of that fight though.... o my god I've watched it 100+ times.

That entire fight was a pure drubbing. Penn dismantled the shit out of Diego, but I more or less consider it a 50-44 type win. Easily the most prolonged one sided beating in the history of the sport, aside from possibly Cain vs JDS 2-3.

That entire fight was a pure drubbing. Penn dismantled the shit out of Diego, but I more or less consider it a 50-44 type win. Easily the most prolonged one sided beating in the history of the sport, aside from possibly Cain vs JDS 2-3.
I can't remember but Diego landed a very small amount of punches, it was one of the most dominant defences ever.

They clearly stated first to stop him by strikes not by doctor stoppage or tko or anything else

Back