UFC = mediocre kickboxing with an option to grapple?

dmwalking

Sapateiro Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I grew up grappling. So in the beginning, when grappling dominated, it all made sense. As time went on, MMA started to lean more toward striking. I was all for it. Even though I'm a hardcore OG fan, I still appreciate some "just bleed" action. As time has gone on, I've trained in striking and learned more about striking.

And now, I'm watching the Saunders/McGee fight, and I'm kind of underwhelmed. It's like mediocre kickboxing with an option to grapple.

Granted, performances like TJ's recent fight, where he mixed it up and had effective grappling, are still fresh in my mind, I wonder if that's more the exception and not the rule.

Maybe I'm just being critical because I expected more out of this fight. But I'm really starting to wonder if mma has turned into weak kickboxing with an option to grapple.

OmenShitThread-1.jpg

you should seen that Augustos Saenz fight in the undercard, it was nauseating the low level striking match that was put on

Didn't read. Title was illogical trash. Came here to shit talk you.

It's incredible how many people feel the need to bitch about a free fight where two guys put on a close, grueling fight that doesn't involve 9+ minutes of fence clinching.

Back