Chucks devastating finish on Tito

I

IrishWarMachinex

I loved prime Chuck, so unorthodox but his power was something else

Tito actually had a decent boxing guard, his defence was better than his offence in terms of striking, but there was no stopping that barrage, one clean shot to the chin absolutley shut him down

blatant eye poke

Tito was robbed

I thought it would take more than one person to bring that up... Ok so he got a thumb in the eye, he was still getting beat up!!
it was a tactic of Chucks..... its not the only time he's used it to gain an advantage. Tito was quite comfortable in the fight up until that point imo

Ref should have stopped it and taken a point from chuck imo

You can't really stop it because of a mistake, look at Randy vs Belfort 2, got his eyelid ripped off by a stray left hand, even Randy says he would probably have suffered les if he took the punch full on, but that was that

Chuck didn't intentionally poke Tito in the eye, he was too busy busting him up with his knuckles

You can't really stop it because of a mistake, look at Randy vs Belfort 2, got his eyelid ripped off by a stray left hand, even Randy says he would probably have suffered les if he took the punch full on, but that was that

Chuck didn't intentionally poke Tito in the eye, he was too busy busting him up with his knuckles
how do you know if he meant it or not? and it doesnt require intent for the ref to call time and let Tito recover(or at least get his eye checked by a doctor). if there is an eye poke the fight should be stopped

how do you know if he meant it or not? and it doesnt require intent for the ref to call time and let Tito recover(or at least get his eye checked by a doctor). if there is an eye poke the fight should be stopped

How do I know? Because I've seen the full fight?

Yeah, Tito would have won if not for Chucks cheating... ;)

I gotta agree with mayhem here, chuck, like jon jones, was notorious for eye poking his opponents. Ref should have called a time out and taken a point.

Years have passed, no one can say for sure what eye poke was intentional and/or whether someone knowingly continued after a foul.

One thing I can say for sure though is Chuck knew he thumbed his eye and he took advantage by continuing to punch Tito in the face.

How do I know? Because I've seen the full fight?

Yeah, Tito would have won if not for Chucks cheating... ;)

I didnt say he wouldve won..... I said he was quite comfortable in the fight(meaning it was a good competitive fight), but as I said it was something Chuck was accused of throughout his career

I dont see why that bothers you?

Loved that moment. One of my favorites. Crazy we never saw Tito go out cold in his career.

Years have passed, no one can say for sure what eye poke was intentional and/or whether someone knowingly continued after a foul.

One thing I can say for sure though is Chuck knew he thumbed his eye and he took advantage by continuing to punch Tito in the face.

You guys are playing a fucking joke right? Yeah it's unfortunate Tito caught a thumb that ripped him across the eye, but you talk like it was even until then, Tito was afraid from the opening bell

I didnt say he wouldve won..... I said he was quite comfortable in the fight(meaning it was a good competitive fight), but as I said it was something Chuck was accused of throughout his career

I dont see why that bothers you?

He wasn't comfortable, watch it again

I gotta agree with mayhem here, chuck, like jon jones, was notorious for eye poking his opponents. Ref should have called a time out and taken a point.

It was a close fisted left hook thumb that caught Tito awkwardly, not a blatant Jon ones eye poke

it was a tactic of Chucks..... its not the only time he's used it to gain an advantage. Tito was quite comfortable in the fight up until that point imo

Yeah, so comfortable he was rocked and shoved the ref between rounds.

No He was scared shitless both times they fought. He was miraculously getting the better of chuck in the rematch but had no confidence and was shut down once again. Tito was excellent at blocking but that guy hits like a brick shit house. 1 solid punch and you're screwed.

Back