When a "hardcore" calls you a "noob"...

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know there is this idea that you're not supposed to ever be "triggered" by comments from fellow posters on here, but I must admit that when someone reaches for the word "noob" - it does bother me.

It bothers me mainly because it has no standing, and zero evidence to support it's use. You literally disagree with someone's opinion and they just walk over your post with claims that you're a "noob".

Okay, so here's my retort to those notions:

Q: Must I have been watching the UFC since UFC 1 itself, to be considered a hardcore?

Q: Must I cheat medical science and force myself to have been born earlier so I can watch more MMA?

Facts are, I'm 24. Most males do not grow a significant interest in avidly following combat sports until they are an age where they can understand them. I've been watching Boxing since I was 6 or 7, but of course I did not have a full understanding for what was happening etc. I have also been watching MMA for almost 8 years.

When I got into the sport in 2009 I was very intrigued to know the history of the sport and I spent weeks and months going back and watching many UFC and PRIDE events, with a sprinkle of other promotions also. I can confidently say I've watched every UFC PPV from at least UFC 80 onward without missing a fight.

I do not purchase the PPVs because I live in London, they are shown on a channel called BT Sport and were formerly shown on ESPN over here. I do not watch the events on BT Sport as I do not have cable/satelitte, simply because I watch almost everything on my laptop (I'm a technology head, and own my own IT company) so I see TV as a pointless expense.

I personally have spent thousands of pounds on attending combat sport events in general, but especially MMA and I find it absolutely infuriating for some dummy to call me a noob when they probably watch the events on insertpiratedwebsite.com in their mothers' basement.

Hey man, I'm not perfect - I don't pay for everything, but nobody in the ranks of this sport could say I haven't supported and paid my way for this great sport. I've traveled across the Atlantic twice to watch events and spent a shitload of spending money, tickets, accommodation and flights.

I recently made a post asking members "What is the one fight that you'd travel the world to see?", and the vast majority of answers were "oh, it looks better on my TV". If I didn't have the fucking Atlantic between me and 99% of the events the UFC put on, I would attend them every damn month or so - what are you "hardcores'" excuse eh?

Personally, I think my actions are the very definition of a hardcore fan.

So for all you dummies who want to reach for "oh, you noob" next time you're losing your argument, look in the damn mirror and also log into your bank account and let me know how it's going for you...

Romeo done.

We all just come on here to bullshit about fights man... No need to take it / yourself so seriously.

I know there is this idea that you're not supposed to ever be "triggered" by comments from fellow posters on here, but I must admit that when someone reaches for the word "noob" - it does bother me.

It bothers me mainly because it has no standing, and zero evidence to support it's use. You literally disagree with someone's opinion and they just walk over your post with claims that you're a "noob".

Q: Must I have been watching the UFC since UFC 1 itself, to be considered a hardcore?

Q: Must I cheat medical science and force myself to have been born earlier so I can watch more MMA?

Facts are, I'm 24. Most males do not grow a significant interest in avidly following combat sports until they are an age where they can understand them. I've been watching Boxing since I was 6 or 7, but of course I did not have a full understanding for what was happening etc. I have also been watching MMA for almost 8 years.

When I got into the sport in 2009 I was very intrigued to know the history of the sport and I spent weeks and months going back and watching many UFC and PRIDE events, with a sprinkle of other promotions also. I can confidently say I've watched every UFC PPV from at least UFC 80 onward without missing a fight.

I do not purchase the PPVs because I live in London, they are shown on a channel called BT Sport and were formerly shown on ESPN over here. I do not watch the events on BT Sport as I do not have cable/satelitte, simply because I watch almost everything on my laptop (I'm a technology head, and own my own IT company) so I see TV as a pointless expense.

I personally have spent thousands of pounds on attending combat sport events in general, but especially MMA and I find it absolutely infuriating for some dummy to call me a noob when they probably watch the events on insertpiratedwebsite.com in their mothers' basement.

Hey man, I'm not perfect - I don't pay for everything, but nobody in the ranks of this sport could say I haven't supported and paid my way for this great sport. I've traveled across the Atlantic twice to watch events and spent a shitload of spending money, tickets, accommodation and flights.

I recently made a post asking members "What is the one fight that you'd travel the world to see?", and the vast majority of answers were "oh, it looks better on my TV". If I didn't have the fucking Atlantic between me and 99% of the events the UFC put on, I would attend them every damn month or so - what are you "hardcores'" excuse eh?

So for all you dummies who want to reach for "oh, you noob" next time you're losing your argument, look in the damn mirror and also log into your bank account and let me know how it's going for you...

Romeo done.

Lmao too long didnt read but ur clearly an internet noob... learn 2 internet old timer

Romeo done.
There are people who will call you a noob just for not agreeing with their biased eye test that some unproven can crusher who beats up prospects and journeywomen using an "aesthetic" style is a clear GOAT.

No one called me a noob when I rented my 1st ufc vhs back in '99.

Sohardcore.jpg

If you support wmma you're a hardcore noob

no one cares noob

tldr

only noobs waste that much time writing a wall of text

hardcores know how to condense their post

noob

Ur getting successfully trolled on an internet forum, ur as fucking noob as they come my man
Hey man, 99.99% of troll shit bounces off.

You can even see in the first line of this OP that I state "I know I shouldn't be triggered", I know it's kind of against the rules, but fuck man, I do react at times lol.

Tough when you have so many Conor, Platinum and Shane Carwin trolls lol ;)

I'm kinda new to the sport. What the fuck is a noob?

Back