Amanda Nunes could be first REAL 2 division champ

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
She already won AND DEFENDED her BW title, and beat the woman who dominated the division, and the long time #1 contender, both in brutal spectacular fashion, and also holds a recent win over the current #1 contender, and she didn't lose to a gatekeeper after winning her first title. If she beats the 145 champ in her next fight she will truly be a 2 division champ.

usp_mma__ufc_207-nunes_vs_rousey_87643462.jpg

lol. So if she beats the winner of Holly, and Germaine (two 135ers) she's a real 2 division champ but not the guy who Ko'd the best 145er ever and Eddie Alvarez. Got it.

Last edited:
If she beats the winner of the inaugural FW title fight then I wouldn't say she's a real 2 division champ. Both of the girls fighting for the belt are from the same division Nunes is from. FW division needs to be established first with actual FWs.

Possible but she better do it before Cyborg comes back.

The only problem with the faux-145 division UFC is slapping together is that both ladies fighting for the title are existing 135 fighters. Is there any desire for Germaine or Holly to stay at 145 win or lose?

It would be like if Carla Esparza fought Maryna Moroz for the 125 title, and then Joanna came and took that title from the winner. In theory she'd be double champ, but the division isn't real if it only consists of fighters moving up for a single fight.

But I like Amanda so go for it. I just don't know how much it means in terms of legitimacy.

If she beats the winner of the inaugural FW title fight then I wouldn't say she's a real 2 division champ. Both of the girls fighting for the belt are from the same division Nunes is from. FW division needs to be established first with actual FWs.
good_point_doctor_who.gif

Yet this is still about Conor McGregor and your hurt

Bj penn had titles at 170lbs and 155 lbs.

A 145 title shouldn't even exist and neither Holly Holm nor Germaine deserve to hold it.

When conor beat Eddie his FW belt wasn't undisputed because there was also a FW interim belt.

If Nunes holds two belts both undisputed then that would put her ahead of Conor.

There is no real legit WMMA 145lb division. And the UFC's version consist of two 135lber. Which is about as deep as any 145lb WMA division ever but still not a real division.

Back