Should Nunes defend the BW title again before fighting the FW champ?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Amanda wants to be a 2 division holder like McGregor and wants a shot at the featherweight belt after Holm and de Randamie fight for it.

Do you think Nunes should defend the bantamweight belt one more time before challenging for the FW belt or should she go right for the FW belt immediately?

Amanda wants to be a 2 division holder like McGregor and wants a shot at the featherweight belt after Holm and de Randamie fight for it.

Do you think Nunes should defend the bantamweight belt one more time before challenging for the FW belt or should she go right for the FW belt immediately?

I think Pena deserves the shot if she wins her next fight and I don't want to see an interim championship created. That said, Holm and GDR are basically BWs and Holm has the second biggest name in WMMA at the moment.

It's a fight I'd love to see to be honest, but I don't give a shit about the FW title.

I'd like her to fight the Pena/Shevchenko winner but from a business perspective it makes sense for Amanda to pursue that fight. She's beaten Germaine before, Holly is a bigger draw than Valentina and Pena, and she still gets PPV points in the case of a loss at 145 lbs with her next title defense.

Yeah...but I also wanted Conor to defend his belt at 145 just one time. Can't hate on Nunes...at least she defended it once.

Source?

Yes. Like McGregor, she shouldn't get a title shot outside her division until (A) she's cleared out her division, and (B) she's beaten a top 5 fighter in the division she's moving to. However, as McGregor has shown, neither of those things will matter because the UFC is a farce.

Yes. I'd like to see multiple defenses before champions go fight another divisions champ.

I prefer having a rematch with Valentina or Pena next for her.

I'm not so bothered about the amount of defenses Nunes has, I would however like to see the 145 division be established first before it's shut down by having a champion who's main focus is another division. Build the division first and get some actual 145ers in. Nunes has also previously said 145 is too big for her, but I guess now Cyborg is out of the picture 145 is fine for Nunes, funny that.

<{cruzshake}>

No title defenses at BW for a while if Nunes challenges. If they're serious with FW let that develop first before making a mess out of it. Nunes at BW for 1-2 years and then see what's up at FW.

Yeah... You should only be allowed to move around if your a Conor or GSP type of draw. Amanda isn't close

Not a chance in hell does Nunes fight for FW belt anytime soon.

They need to establish the division. Her winning 2 belts would mean nothing right now.

Yes.

Here's what I want: top contenders to fight for titles, and title holders fight in their division. Yes, a super-fight is fun every now and then, but only when it's between two long-reigning champs. GSP vs Silva or Silva vs Bones would've been perfect, for example.

The new WFW champion should at least have a few defenses notched to establish herself as the champ before Nunes challenges her. Nunes should have a few more defenses as well.

Why should she even fight for the FW belt? The fights to make at FW are currently identical to the fights to make at BW since it's just girls moving up. If/when Cyborg returns and gets the FW belt, then that's a fight I wouldn't mind watching.

Never got rousey vs borg and now we might never get nunes vs borg...damn shame dammit cyborg

She should definitely go for the 145lb title.

The UFC has nothing to gain by Nunes holding both titles. Ain't gonna happen. They would have offered the opportunity to Ronda if she had beaten Nunes and they may offer it to Holly because they are both very marketable. Nunes is not.

The UFC has nothing to gain by Nunes holding both titles. Ain't gonna happen. They would have offered the opportunity to Ronda if she had beaten Nunes and they may offer it to Holly because they are both very marketable. Nunes is not.

Nunes just brutally KO'd her last two opponents and one of them was Ronda, they can sell her.

This is irrelevant to the UFC.

Back