UFC Fight Night 103 screwed by NFL

PennBacker01

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
With the event being booked months prior and the NFL moving the steelers vs Chiefs to 830 instead 1pm original time. I don't buy the reason the NFL used to move the game due to ice storms I think it was more based on bad ratings from wildcard weekend.

Will the UFC have a worst rating in last 2 years?This could crush the UFC rating on the event. Do you think if the UFC knew the game was on at 8:30 months back it would have moved forward with the event on Sunday night?

The card is stacked.
No worries.

I'm sure the game will take away a lot of its viewers.

It will be tough to tell because it's not a particularly great card anyways

I'll be watching UFC, no doubt in my mind.

What do you mean you don't buy the Ice storm excuse? I am sure that the UFC's schedule didn't factor into their decision one bit

I'm sure the game will take away a lot of its viewers.

It will be tough to tell because it's not a particularly great card anyways
Yeah I see some potentially good fights but there is like no prospects besides Yair on the card.

I watch the NFL and the late game tonight doesn't interest me in the slightest. I will be watching Dallas and Greenbay, however.

That game sucks. Its the worst game of the weekend. Its all about that cowboys game.

No one was going to watch the card anyways. It's a terrible card. I'm sorry but it is. Factor in the NFL and it's a no-brainer. I also question this whole PPV on a Friday and UFN on a Sunday shit. Let's not keep doing that. Even if it is only for New Years... it's inconsistent and inconvenient.

I mean I think think the nfl moved the game for a better ratings. After
What do you mean you don't buy the Ice storm excuse? I am sure that the UFC's schedule didn't factor into their decision one bit

I mean the nfl moved it for ratings not fan or player safety. Last weeks early games bombed.

You really think the UFC is on the NFL's radar? Come on, I love MMA too, but the UFC isn't shit compared to the NFL

No one was going to watch the card anyways. It's a terrible card. I'm sorry but it is. Factor in the NFL and it's a no-brainer. I also question this whole PPV on a Friday and UFN on a Sunday shit. Let's not keep doing that. Even if it is only for New Years... it's inconsistent and inconvenient.
95% of the world doesn't watch NFL.

Meh. Most MMA fans are one sport Fans. Football games go on the DVR if they get watched at all. ;)

95% of the world doesn't watch NFL.
You'd be surprised. I don't know the exact number but lets be real the UFC's worldwide viewership isn't any higher. To think otherwise would be laughable. NFL has a season and UFC is year round and I guarantee you the NFL viewership is infinitely higher. Don't even factor in attendance because that is skewed due to arena size and the fact that the UFC gives away at least 10-20% of their tickets to most events. More people would watch a shitty NFL game over a good UFC card. Mostly because of seniority and tradition and conditioning. I'm not defending it. I'm on your side obviously or I wouldn't be on this website but lets be real the UFC can't compete with the NFL, especially playoffs. It is what it is.

It doesn't mean the UFC sucks. It means that this card is kind of weak, on a Sunday, has only 2-3 good fights and most people probably will have forgotten about it or forgot to set the DVR because of it being on Sunday instead of Saturday. Only time will tell. I hope it gets as many viewers as possible because Yair is one of my favorite fighters and I hope he puts on a helluva show. If Penn wins I won't be bummed though because I respect the hell out of the guy. Sorry for rambling but long story short I bet you more than 5% of the world watches NFL and a lot less than what you think watch the UFC. The fact that there are diehard NFL fans in London now is blowing my mind. We only send a couple of games a year there but the NFL is starting to expand internationally in terms of showcasing the league.

Wasn't the entire regular season down in ratings? Why change now? 1pm Sunday is still like a National holiday for watching football regardless. I'm guessing the move because of an ice storm has to do with an ice storm. I don't want to watch the Chiefs at 11pm.

Back