Ronda made a huge mistake waiting 13 months after last fight to return

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Meanwhile Holly Holm lost to Miesha Tate by going lights out, also her first loss in MMA. Choked unconscious. Holly comes back 3 months after her first loss. 3 fucking months. People like Connor, Chris and Cruz. People on huge win streaks want to come back right away after a loss. Not Ronda. She needed a purple pillow to hide behind then decided to excommunicate everyone who was a little critical about her. Including her biggest cheerleader Joe Rogan. Who in my opinion was the conductor of the Ronda hype train. Once in a lifetime mythical creature bullshit etc. She acted like a spoiled child against adversity. She broke after that Holly fight and should have never came back to fight Nunes. Shes lucky Herb Dean was reffing. Any other ref would have let Ronda go lights out again.

She also made a mistake not taking a tuneup fight.

Waiting 8 days after her fight with Amanda:

3C06DCEE00000578-4106098-image-m-51_1484074754109.jpg 3C06DD7B00000578-4106098-image-a-52_1484074764609-1.jpg

She gets to do the things.

You get to talk about the things.

Dude, fuck right off. She is a dragon crossed with a griffin and a phoenix. You are just a jelly cuck cuz she got mo money than you, and she is a ten and wouldn't give you the time of day, cuz neck beard an shit.

the 13 months would have been a great idea to be absent if it meant staying at a real mma team with real trainers and working on her weaknesses.

Well but thats not what she did. At that point it is clear she will never evolve as a fighter. Either not bright enough to realize the necessity for a change or mentally enslaved by Edmond.

Her only mistake was believing in her own hype.

This other stuffs was only consequences of that.

(1) She should face the MMA media and get over the Holly Holm fight.

(2) She should start proper MMA training. She is an amateur MMA fighter, who was more athletic than other amateur MMA fighters.

(3) The division is still amateurish with very limited fighters. If she spends the next year training MMA. She can still come back and become a champion.

(4) The division has not "evolved" like the media is trying to narrate. The media created her, and now they have to salvage something, because her loses is making them look like idiots who don't know what they are writing about.

the 13 months would have been a great idea to be absent if it meant staying at a real mma team with real trainers and working on her weaknesses.

Well but thats not what she did. At that point it is clear she will never evolve as a fighter. Either not bright enough to realize the necessity for a change or mentally enslaved by Edmond.
I just feel shes broken and didn't even spar in her lead up to the fight with Nunes. After getting knocked out like that you need to face your fears of getting hit again. Hence why sparing in this case is needed.

She froze up within the first 2 seconds of the fight after getting popped once.

It reminds me of Rocky in Rocky 3 where Apollo agrees to train Rocky in that dirty gym and Apollo is sparring with Rock and Apollo is just hitting Rocky over and over saying "hes hooking hes hooking!!" While Rocky is just frozen there. Finally Apollo blows up at him and says "Come on Rock! You think I was tough this guy will kill you!" And Rocky was like tomorrow. "THERE IS NO TOMORROW!" screams Apollo.

She needed to get popped in training and recover and keep her composure afterwards.

I don't see why people post this as a bad pic, I like her look in it. She looks so strong and athletic.
P6Br7IB3QYa9Yj2bNCCb_Slow-Mo-Puke.gif

She also made a mistake not taking a tuneup fight.
Pena would have been perfect. It still annoys me that they just threw her into a fucking title fight. They could have made the same amount of money on PPV with Ronda fighting Pena.

Even more in fact because Pena is a shit talker that can speak clear English and hype the fight. She can do the press runs. She has sex appeal, and most importantly she's also very beatable. So they could set up the title fight right after that. And if she lost to Pena, then it wouldn't make a difference.

(4) The division has not "evolved" like the media is trying to narrate.
Bingo. Styles make fights, Holly has been fighting as long as her and Nunes longer, they just didn't meet until recently. And Holly and Nunes have losses to Ronda victims.

Evolution is overrated as always.

Her taking 13 months was a mistake? Do you know if she made any Hollywood $$ in that time? Holly got right back in there and lost so how is that proof Ronda should have got right back in there? Maybe fighting Amanda and getting $3M plus PPV was better than if she comes back right away and gets KO'd by some no name? She as a fighter made a mistake by not joining a real MMA camp with a real MMA trainer like Firas, Jacksons or even Duke Rufus.

This nails it. It was a question of how she used the 13 months. She needs a new master strategist to develop striking defense and better transitions to the ground - not a dipshit like Edmond who tries to convince her she is an elite striker.

Her taking 13 months was a mistake? Do you know if she made any Hollywood $$ in that time? Holly got right back in there and lost so how is that proof Ronda should have got right back in there? Maybe fighting Amanda and getting $3M plus PPV was better than if she comes back right away and gets KO'd by some no name? She as a fighter made a mistake by not joining a real MMA camp with a real MMA trainer like Firas, Jacksons or even Duke Rufus.
See that's where I differ with your opinion. I can't just blame her camp and trainer. That's the easy cop out. She lives in LA and there are tons of legit MMA gyms close by. Kings MMA for example. It's her fault 100 percent. For staying with that goober Edmond. I understand she has loyalty to him. But training somewhere else wouldn't kill their relationship. She can still train with Edmond from time to time. What I saw was more blame on Ronda than anybody else. Edmond gave good advice. She didn't do any of it.

Depends my man, of course losing can validated your claim.

In reality it's different for every single fighter.

Recovery can be longer depending on the mental state and psychical state of each fighter after a big loss.

Back